#1 Thx

Thx

Park Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

Hello tycoons,

I think every tycoon has wondered what it would be like to put an entire park or good chunk of one under glass.

I have seen some awesome Youtube videos that were a great inspiration for me to begin an indoor park.

Back in the late 1960s they had a plastic builder kit named "Super City"...

Posted Image

http://www.americanp.../supercity.html

You could build skyscrapers, space ships, bridges etc, I was lucky enough to have one of the basic kits. (And no, that is not me in the pic...lol)

And I am still building lol! But this time cyber builds in RCT.

Here is the base of the new park and I might expand it further, I want this the biggest, tallest, most rad indoor park ever!

Posted Image

Pretty big footprint to start with, the surrounding area will be devoted to simple, quite areas of lush greenery.

Finally I got some path overlays and was able to bust out of "Blockland" and put the illusion of some curved pathway in!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next we come to the grand entrance to the superstructure...

Posted Image

Posted Image

It took two full nights to come up with a design for the large structures, I must have went through ten different styles before deciding on this one...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next we have the entrance to the main floor...

Posted Image

Posted Image

That custom glass is pretty cool in some ways, but doesn't react to light the way regular rct glass does.

This stuff seems to be a light sponge and absorbs light before it reflects, refracts or even passes...

So, I dressed it in neon just to jazz it up a bit and give it more definition.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, after only two days work I think I have gotten pretty far and this build is a real challenge!

It still needs shrubbery and path extras etc I know... I have a lot of building to do before I get to that point.

Posted Image

Thx

#2 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

Looking good. Thanks for posting the pics.

#3 viking16

viking16

Park Owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Just having fun

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Nice so far just remember keep track of stuff you use if it DID NOT come with RCT 3. Like custom objects.

#4 Thx

Thx

Park Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

Thanks guys, and I recently lost a scenery folder somehow, went back and loaded the same one and now that one locks my game.

I think I got it from a different source than the first time and need to retrace my footsteps and find the original site I downloaded it from.

One thing I like about rct3, if you are missing some CS it seems to just end up missing from the game unlike 2 that will not even open the game.

Anyways, here is an update...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I went ahead and built most of the entrance to the main floor out of CS glass. It is hard to see through and I wanted to obscure most of the main floor until you get through the entrance and are blown away by the size of it.

Posted Image

A look at a section of ceiling from the interior...

Posted Image

Posted Image

It needs some kind of neon "hood ornament" over the door.

I am having problems with my system bogging down even though I only have about half of the main structure up, no interiors and no rides.

My system is pretty new, do you think more ram (I have 4 gig, expandable to 8) or a better video card would help it with framing, etc?

Which of the two works the most?

I know people talk about the lag on rct3, but what do folks do about it?

Thx in advance!

Thx :)

Edited by Thx, 30 August 2012 - 11:30 PM.

#5 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

Four GB of RAM should be sufficient. I have eight, and it seems the game refuses to use more than 4. If this is the case, it is bad design. For larger parks with much scenery, a 1GB DDR3 card is just about the minimum. A 2GB DDR5 is better. The lag is caused by the graphics processor being overwhelmed in conjunction with the amount of scenery in a park the main processor and buffers have to keep track of. At first I thought it was the scenery causing the file size to go beyond about 15MB aiding the slowdown, but I have a park over 20MB with a medium amount of scenery that has no lag. I think now it is dependent on the scenery itself and how many (or few) pieces we use from the set.

The discussions on lag started back when systems had 1GB RAM and a 128MB graphics card or less. Since then more powerful systems have kept the lag to a hardly noticable amount. I have seen more problems with the volume of custom scenery and some sets in particular cause problems.

Which brings me to this:

One thing I like about rct3, if you are missing some CS it seems to just end up missing from the game unlike 2 that will not even open the game

While this is true most of the time, it is not always true. This happened with a park some staff members and I were working on. One missing piece caused the park to not open. Finding what it was and including it in the folder solved the problem. Do have a plan for finding out which set causes the problem as having nearly 400 CS sets takes some time to run through. Because we kept track of the scenery we used, we thought we were safe. All it took was one piece not tracked and written down for inclusion - and it being one of those sets that causes an no-load condition, to cause a few hours of trial and error work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users