• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

Posted Image

Well, I've done it again - I made yet another park. It is done, however it is running so I can make minor adjustments as situations arise. After the final tweaks it will be "complete."

I had a number of things I wanted to try in this park, and a few unanswered questions about how RCT3 works. The one thing I wanted to verify was how peeps use rides to enter the park itself. I made the main attraction area of the park and the park entrance connected only by transport rides, with no direct path access. With no direct path into the general park area, will they see the transport rides as just a transport to the other attraction areas, or just see them as a ride?

The answer turned out to be not so clear. The peeps who would ordinarily ride the transport ride will take it and get off at the station inside the main ride area. Those peeps not inclined to ride the transport ride will just mill about seeming to wait for new attractions to appear - and some give up and leave. Those in groups where the whole group will ride the transport - no problem. Where some in the group prefer not to ride the transport rides - the group breaks up and those who like it, will ride the transport ride. When they get to the inside station, some get out and begin to enjoy the other rides while the rest of their group waits out by the entrance to the transport ride. Some get out - check out the park a bit then get back on and return to their group. Some stay on the transport ride and return to the entrance station where their group is waiting. When the entire group is together again at the entrance, they seemingly discuss what to do. At that point, some groups then all board a transport ride and enter the main park, and a smaller number just leave. What else I did see is the group break back up while the previous rider returns to the main park via transport, and the rest of the group waits for their return. I never saw part of a group leave the park without the rest of the group.

Oh, here is the park:

The Entrance. It is just a little access way between the big rocks.

Posted Image

The bigger picture. The entrance is in the rocks. Two transport rides connect to the entrance "plaza" for lack of a better term. Up and slightly to the right are some green steel beams among the foliage. This is the monorail. To the left of the rocks is where the tram station resides. You can see a tram emerging in the lower right.

Posted Image

This is just inside the gates - the "plaza" at it were. to the right is the entrance to the monorail and leading off the top of the picture heads to the tram.

Posted Image

The monorail station. It is a combination of old walls and old steel open roof. This contrasts and compliments with the Jules Vern-ish monorail.

Posted Image

The tram station is a bit more modern - more post modern rather than art deco.

Posted Image

The monorail goes around to the south side of the park and here is the monorail station inside the main park.

Posted Image

This is how the peeps leave the enclosed monorail station and enter the park for their first look.

Posted Image

Here is the how the monorail station looks from inside the park.

Posted Image

This is a tram approaching the tram station on the north side of the park. (opposite side as the monorail)

Posted Image

This is a view from inside the station building.

Posted Image

The tram station is on top of a berm so the peeps must take the stairs to enter the park.

Posted Image

Well that's how the peeps treat the entrance, the transport rides in, and an introduction to Gwangi. Let me know if you want to see more.

#2 viking16

viking16

Park Owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Just having fun

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:22 AM

YES

#3 Woodpecker

Woodpecker

Park Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:8

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:45 AM

When the guests in the main ride area wanted to leave the park, did they all quickly take the monorail back or did they get angry and say "I can't find the park exit"?

#4 Sambo

Sambo

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

This is RCT3 - the guests don't say that. That is an RCT2 thing... The peeps are actually smart enough to know that they came in via tram or monorail, and they must use it to get to the entrance/exit. The peeps in RCT3 aren't geniuses, unless compared with the stumps with legs in RCT2.

#5 Sambo

Sambo

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:00 AM

Today we'll take a look at the south leg of the park. The south leg terminates at the glass enclosed monorail station (which a piece of shows in the first picture) and flows north to the central plaza where the clock tower resides.

Here to the left is the exit of an attraction.

Posted Image

The view north. The central plaza and clock tower can be seen. What is that entrance on the left the peeps are ready to enter?

Posted Image

It is the antique teacup ride.

Posted Image

The better view of a spinning mouse ride building. Both the entrance and exit are visible.

Posted Image

Here are some views of that attraction.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's the big deal for the south side. Next up we go down the west leg...

#6 coastercrazy

coastercrazy

2008 Valentines Contest RunnerUp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1688 posts
  • Interests:RCT, duhh.:-P

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:17 AM

Wow, gorgeous stuff. I'm definitley looking forward to the release of this! :thumbs:

/CC

#7 Sambo

Sambo

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Wow, gorgeous stuff. I'm definitley looking forward to the release of this! :thumbs:

/CC

Sadly that may not happen. I have with rare exception, stopped tracking the scenery I use in parks. I found that I spend nearly as much time determining which sets pieces come from as I do building. If it is released - my entire set of scenery would have to come with it just to be sure...and that is a pipe clogging download.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users