#1 KandiDesigns

KandiDesigns

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Football, DJ'ing, Going-Out, Clubbing, Traveling and Media

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:42 PM

This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort and enjoyment...

Rollercoaster: Solaris
Type: B&M Dive Machine

Length: 4647.53FT
Height: 230.56FT
Drop: 215.28FT
Inversions: 5
MAX Speed: 74.94MPH
Duration: 1:51
MAX Vertical Angle: 90Degrees
MAX Positive G's: 4.88
MAX Negative G's: -1.35
MAX Lateral G's: 1.98

Edited by KandiDesigns, 23 August 2007 - 10:44 PM.

#2 JJ

JJ

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:12 PM

http://www.nedesigns...e=designs&s=sol

I'd suggest a name change... You don't have to change it... But it would be a good idea ;)

#3 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:19 PM

^What difference does that make?

Seriously?

My goodness....why did my parents name me Becky???

I'm sure there already was someone named Becky.....

:lol: :rolleyes:

Its just a coaster name.....

I bet there are tons of coasters out there named the same...oh look at this

Grizzly - Great America (Santa Clara, California 95054 USA)
Grizzly - Kings Dominion (Doswell, Virginia 23047 USA)
Grizzly - Kongeparken (Ålgård, Rogaland 4330 Norway)
Grizzly - Silverwood Theme Park (Athol, Idaho 83801 USA)

I'm gonna write a letter

#4 JJ

JJ

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:37 AM

I wasn't complaining... :P

(I was expecting a response like that aswell...)

I personally don't care ;)

But some people do... believe it or not

#5 wabigbear

wabigbear

August 2004/2005 VP Winner

• Senior Staff
  • 4987 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:16 AM

Well, just wait and see what happens if somebody tries using my "Wagi" as a username...the fur will fly I tells ya! :mad:

I'm 100% original (except for the caps, that bridgework, the false eye, and the ears getting lowered just a smidgeon or four). In fact I think I'll slap copyright and registered trademark symbols on my behind just in case anyone gets any ideas.

Well, I WOULD slap them on if I could reach that far...any volunteers???

Anyone? :ermm:

And hey, wasn't Solaris that movie where George Clooney displayed his rearend for everyone to see? You people better check for copyright and registared tradmark symbols there the next time you watch.

#6 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • 2515 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:17 AM

I wasn't complaining...

(I was expecting a response like that aswell...)

I personally don't care
But some people do... believe it or not

I hear ya' and yes you are right...some people do :wacko:

And hey, wasn't Solaris that movie where George Clooney displayed his rearend for everyone to see?

Really?? :wait:

By the way...since we all highjacked this topic :lol::> I just noticed that Kandi never posted a picture of this Solaris :(

#7 Kumba

Kumba

July 07 RR Winner-2007 RR Finals Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Interests:coasters, basketball and girls

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:54 AM

Seeing as thats from my site I'll decide :P

He can do it since it's RCT3 :)

#8 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:22 AM

And hey, wasn't Solaris that movie where George Clooney displayed his rearend for everyone to see? You people better check for copyright and registared tradmark symbols there the next time you watch.

It was a sad remake of the classic bit of 1970s soviet SciFi "Solyaris" which was the movie version of Stanislaw Lem's classic novel. Clearly a case where the original being better than what follows... Unless you factor in Clooney's posterior. Some say that was the best of the three. I do see the point - but am disinclined to agree.

#9 KandiDesigns

KandiDesigns

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Football, DJ'ing, Going-Out, Clubbing, Traveling and Media

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:36 AM

Well, after you have all stopped hijacking my thread... :rolleyes: ... lol just kidding!!

Right, got some screens here. Their not brilliant because obviously, i am still working on it, and its is turning out to be such a big project, trying to get everything just right... Anyhow, please see below;

Posted Image
^This is an overview of the ride. Showing the construction of the ride, custom supports, station section and surrounding themeing. As you can see, the custom supports are now about 85% complete. Just need to re-arrange a few, add a few onto some of the banked corners, and also on the chain lift. For the chain lift, i am thinking of using the Hack, so put seperate sections of a wooden mouse coaster underneith it was support, think it would touch it off a treat.

Posted Image
^ This is the ultimate drop... The Drop Zone. As you plummet 215FT down towards the ground, your hit a small valley, which is fulll of smoke (great effect lol) and also, proves to be a perfect photo oppurtunity. This section is by no means complete at all. The path and themeing will really smother the drop, but still allowing enough room for a great photo oppurtunity!

Posted Image
^As you can see, this is the shame shot as above, but this time with the Rollercoaster Train passing through the drop. You will notice that their is a small walkway right next to the track as it hits the small valley. This is a special walkway where visitors to the park (photographers, ride fanatics etc) will have the chance to get up close and personal with the Rollercoaster on a guided tour.

Furthermore, the ride features its own, unique music within the station and also gives out station announcements when boarding the rollercoaster train, which will be previewed soon...

These are all the shots for the time being, as their is still alot of work to be done on the rollercoaster and surrounding themeing. All comments are appreciated, good or bad at the moment, constructive thou or course, lol.

#10 Wolfman

Wolfman

July 07 RR 1st RunnerUp

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1473 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:41

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:02 PM

I was going to name my dog "waggie".

I think her password will be "milkbone".
:D

Solaris:
The track looks decent enough. Interesting layout. :thumbs: Did you do anything with the pits that the coaster put into the land? The pits look kinda cool. I'd sink a few pirate castle walls into the ground along the edge of the pit, to look like retaining walls.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you did as far as a structure around the loading platform. Got test results?

I would sink a few prehistoric bolders next to the virtical dive pit, so that they protrude from the sides of the pit. That'll look so cool.

It definatly needs some sort of fence between the track & the path though. Maybe if you elevated the path slightly, and used the Atlantis path, the clear tunnel would provide a barrier, yet not impede the view? AAAAaaaannnnd... I would extend the path laterally, out over the pit, just a section or two wider, on either side of the drop and rise. Then place benches on them. Maybe cover the benches with a roof supported by poles from the path. (Just a few ideas.)

Nice track, and I definatly would like to see more.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users