#1 Josh TPT

Josh TPT

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:20 AM

Welcome Foolish Mortals..

As we step deep into Walt's imagination, an idea which was Walt's basis on enjoyment was that the Magic Never Ends, and to establish this as truth and not wishful thinking, Walt decided to build mini parks based on his films, current attractions, or other whimsical ideas he could find! This, he decided, would enable everyone to enjoy a piece of Disneyland Magic whenever, whoever and where ever they were!

His first park we are looking at is dark and mysterious, it's Haunted Hollow, a spooky place with a familiar face - Leota Tombs has arrived here, transforming another harmless Mansion into a fright fest with her conjured up spirits - the ride takes its plot loosely from Phantom Manor as opposed to Haunted Mansion - and she will soon be joined by all manner of ghostly attractions.

So far the brand logo has been the only thing to be released from the Imagineers, but in a short while we should have exterior photos!

Posted Image

#2 wabigbear

wabigbear

August 2004/2005 VP Winner

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4987 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

Looking forward to what you come up with!

#3 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

Indeed...

#4 Josh TPT

Josh TPT

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:23 PM

Leota has completed her redesign of the new Mansion and has let her first, ahem, guests take a tour around the many rooms. However it has been requested by her that what is contained is kept as a secret, unless I want to try "her way out".

The Mansion stands high taking inspiration from the original Mansion.
Posted Image

Hidden away by trees and swirling mists the house has a sense of foreboding to it.
Posted Image

What's that twitching behind the window? Our Ghost Host perhaps?
Posted Image

Ah yes, the er, residents have settled in nicely..
Posted Image

Also completed now is what was once a grand fountain, Snow Whites Grotto appears to have been discovered by the Evil Queen, and well, she's left her mark on it!
Posted Image

Coming Next:
"Get Out!" roared Beast forcing our Imagineers into his dark and mysterious grounds and further still into the creepy forest..

Edited by Josh TPT, 20 August 2007 - 07:31 PM.

#5 KandiDesigns

KandiDesigns

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Football, DJ'ing, Going-Out, Clubbing, Traveling and Media

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

Josh, these screens look great! Then attention to detail that has gone into making the mansion and also the surrounding scenery is very, very good! I think, at the moment its flawless, well done!! Keep 'em coming, as im looking forward to seeing more of this! :P

#6 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

I have a problem with the columns on top of columns. It looks very strange.

Maybe something else? Different columns maybe? There is a Roman scenery set out there that might be an answer.

#7 coastercrazy

coastercrazy

2008 Valentines Contest RunnerUp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1688 posts
  • Interests:RCT, duhh.:-P

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:10 AM

Wow. This is some really nice work. That building looks faboulous aswell as the foilage and rocks.

Keep it up! :thumbs:

/CC

#8 wabigbear

wabigbear

• Senior Staff
  • 4987 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

shyguy's Catfish Cove set has some columns that you can make any height you want.

#9 Josh TPT

Josh TPT

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:10 PM

Thanks guys for the positive comments, Kandi, I'm flattered you think it's flawless, I'm a perfectionist so nothing's flawless to me really, but that's a great compliment! Sambo, I agree on the columns, and taking Wagi's advice I've had a look at them and improved on that, it now looks more crisp I feel. Coastercrazy, thanks, I've always felt foliage is a big part of the atmosphere, and focus on it heavily so thanks for that!

The columns on the Mansion have changed:
Posted Image

Another view, looking down as if you were one of Leota's Ravens.
Posted Image

At night time the Mansion becomes far more eerie
Posted Image

Is that Tomb moving?
Posted Image

Away from the Mansion is Villain Village, a small area which will house Villains 3D (much like Philharmagic, but with Villains songs - I considered naming it Vilharmagic, what do people think?), two other rides/attractions and the completed Beast's Castle Grounds, a walkthrough of the gardens and forests of the Beast's Castle. It's not too scary, and has a few audio animatronics (more photos soon):
Posted Image

The first street of the village is complete, it will look more settled when the other side of houses is added. The rooflines are deliberately whimsical to add a sense of twistedness and foreboding.
Click for construction image.

Enjoy!

Edited by Josh TPT, 24 August 2007 - 02:15 PM.

#10 wabigbear

wabigbear

• Senior Staff
  • 4987 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

The switch on the columns I think was a good one, it got rid of that 'full stop' as you looked at the front rather than the fluid sweep the eye has now and makes it look taller and more imposing. If I could make one small suggestion? On the front of your mansion you'll note that across the entire width you have a cornice below the roof piece. That looks perfect and it ties the wrought iron railings to the roof visually. However, in the middle above the columns, the roof rests directly on top of them without any cornice. To my eye I think that adding the same cornice would also tie the columns to the roof there better. The decorative roofing there would all move up one notch, but I'm wondering if it might tie it all together and make the entire exterior really cohesive? I would also consider adding the same cornice to the very top story for the exact same reason - it would tie all the layers together. Overall I think you've done a really great job so far.

Also saw the construction image of the Village...I like that alot and it indeed is very foreboding! I know it's a WIP, but did you plan on adding the roof soffits? I think the overhangs they'd add would add even more to the mood.

Great job so far, some nice ideas too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users