Photo

New Coaster Games Are Like London Buses...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rcthelp

rcthelp

RCT2.com Founder

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5930 posts
  • RCTspace Honours:RCT2.com Founder, Site Technical Guru
  • Coaster Uploads:68

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:45 PM

...you wait and wait in line in vain for ages, and then 2 suddenly come along at once!

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) launched on 16th November and Planet Coaster (PC) on 17th November.

So far Planet Coaster seems to be getting the better reviews. Some may be tempted by the 'branding' on RCTW, but the developers of RCTW were not involved with the previous titles. Planet Coaster on the other hand, was developed by Frontier Developments, who wrote both the RCT2 expansions, and RCT3 and both expansions too.

I hated the RCT2 expansions with its oversized scenery, I hated RCT3 period because of the (IMO) crappy AI. But I'm impressed by PC and the way the Frontier are building a community for the game.

Both are available on STEAM, with PC so far having a more favourable rating (And more players) but there does seem to be a lot 'fan boy' fighting between fans of each game.

Planet Coaster: http://store.steampo...com/app/493340/

Rollercoaster Tycoon World: http://store.steampo...com/app/282560/

Who is playing what (on STEAM): http://steamcharts.c...560,2700,285330

• VeggieT likes this

#2 Mama Bear

Mama Bear

November 03 & May 07 VP Winner

• Senior Staff
  • 3168 posts
  • Interests:RCT,ZT, pc-adventure games and quests, Warhammer, reading(especially fantasy), painting, music (from classical music up to heavy metal), art, nature

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:32 PM

I thought about trying Planet Coaster because it does look and sound impressive! But I found I can't! I only have 4 GB memory. That's half of what is needed as a minimum..........Oh well..........

Marjan

#3 Todd Lee

Todd Lee

May 2007 V.P. Winner

• Senior Staff
  • 3448 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2020 - 08:42 PM

POPULAR

I purchased Planet Coaster a while back, and have played a bit.  I really like it, and only wish i had the time and drive to play it like i did RCT.  PC is everything that i wanted from RCT, it really is an awesome game!

• Sambo, Woodpecker and VeggieT like this

#4 VeggieT

VeggieT

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 12:40 AM

I purchased Planet Coaster a while back, and have played a bit.  I really like it, and only wish i had the time and drive to play it like i did RCT.  PC is everything that i wanted from RCT, it really is an awesome game!

Me too, also Parkitect, awesome awesome 2D like theme park sim

Me too, also Parkitect, awesome awesome 2D like theme park sim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users