13 replies to this topic

#1 Boomer

Boomer

Staff Writer

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3511 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

Here is the first list out of questions and answers about TPS. Keep in mind this is still early on and lots of stuff we have to keep quiet for now but more will be released soon.

Q: When will Theme Park Studio be available?
A: Summer 2013

Q: Will Theme Park Studio be available for Mac?
A: Theme Park Studio will be released on the Windows PC platform Summer 2013 and I will strongly consider porting it to Mac if there is a strong enough customer base that would support the title (at least enough to cover the cost)

Q: What programs can be used to create content in the game? Can the game import something from Google Sketchup or other such programs?
A: Currently the software imports a couple different file types, one of which is our proprietary format. When the game is released we will allow importing of common file types. That exact types has not been determined yet, however we will look into Google Sketchup as a possibility. As long as we have access to the file format it should not be a problem.

Q: Will the game be available on an actual disc (box copy) or download only?
A: The game will be released for download, however, Pantera has manufactured and published to retail outlets in its history. We are considering this as an option. As we get closer to a release date we will have more information.

Q: There plots of land in which the rides/ride station sits on... Are these predetermined spots or can you place them anywhere?
A: These are not predetermined spots. Objects can be placed anywhere.

Q: Will the player will have to create his or her own visitor population, or will visitors be already included in the game?
A: Visitors will be included with the game.

Q: How many roller coaster types/flat rides will be included in the game?
A: We are still in the process of determining that. What we can say is that there will be a select group of initial coasters available, with the goal that more will be developed by the community. Our focus is on improved functionally and a better tool set to allow the community to create as many coaster types as possible. Same with flat rides.

Q: Will water rides or water park rides be available?
A: No waterpark at release, however if someone wants to create them, it should be possible.

Q: Will any pre-built parks be included in the initial release?
A: Probably not pre-built parks, that will be from the community. Our focus is on awesome tools that will allow unprecedented customization.

Q: Will there be any money management (like RCT) featured in the game?
A: While we plan to have guests with AI in the game, there are no immediate plans for money management.

Q: Will we be able to create shows, like fireworks?
A: Our particle effects engine has an extensive set of features for creating multiple effects. Our goal is to utilize it to it's fullest potential for pyrotechnics.
  • Gavert likes this

#2 Mobius One

Mobius One

Coaster Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Anything RCT or video game related. Dare I waste space in this tiny text box...

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

@ Boomer:

Thanks for the q&a. Is this game going to be at the same level of complexity as NoLimits? Will it be easier or harder? What are the system requirements? Just a few questions I decided to ask.

#3 Boomer

Boomer

Staff Writer

• Senior Staff
  • 3511 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hi Mobius One, system requirements are still being worked out at this time. We want to optimize them as best we can and that means more time before we can release system requirements. TPS will be closer to RCT3 for ease of use then NL.

#4 viking16

viking16

Park Owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Just having fun

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

Boomer,

Can we do events in the park? Like real parks do. Like how disney does starwars days. And what about coloring coaster cars. Like laying an over lay over the coaster car. Like this say you have base coaster car. And you want it to have flames well you would just import the .jpg on to the car. That Would be great if ya had a program with all the objects in the game and then if you wanted to change a skin you just open this program and click the item you want to change and then there would be a box that said import picture. You click that and find your new image. Then the program would overlay it on to the item you were editing. I really hope this is done. And let us make our own coaster cars and objects. None of this protecting crap. That is what really killed RCT3 we couldn't make our own stuff.

#5 Boomer

Boomer

Staff Writer

• Senior Staff
  • 3511 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

Hi Viking16, good to talk to you again, it's been a while. To answer your question, one of the main things that got my attention and later caused me to end up on the TPS development team, wes the knowledge that this game was going to be based on what the community wanted. The closer I came to seeing behind the scenes at Pantera Entertainment the more I wanted to be involved. The powerful Vista Studio engine has never been used on this kind of sim before and when you see it you will better understand that it is more of a fisherman then a fish. You can give a hungry man a fish to eat and he will have but one meal. Give him a hook and teach him how to fish and he will eat well the rest of his life.

Same concept here, the Vista studio engine which TPS derives its name from comes complete with ride, scenery, particle and fireworks editors and much more. It not only lets you control how it renders, such as wind speed, water speed, waterfall size and speed, and more, it is designed to easily import all the custom stuff that the whole community will be making with all the different editor modules. Included will be a written manual (that I've been tapped to write) and lots of easy to understand tutorials on each and every module plugged into the engine.

So to get to a short end of a long answer, whatever doesn't come Premade in the game will soon follow thanks to the ease of making custom stuff such as cool flames on a hot coaster. Our exchange forum is already established and invisible, waiting to fill up on all the stuff you may want to import or you can create it all with the game editors yourself and leave it for others to use. To really understand the freedom that TPS brings to the player you have to throw out all the limitations and restrictions that the outdated and aging RCT had imposed on us. Paths with spines can be easily twisted and turned to fit any configuration you have in mind, gone are the straight paths of RCT and you can curve and lay them anyway you want, same with ride tracks and rails.

I could go on because I am really revved about TPS, it really is the way of the future now. With new technology and a new way of designing and game development truly is going to open the gates to your imagination like never before and you will be able to catch more then just one meal, you will eat for a lifetime. Sorry for the long and probably advertisement like answer but we go way back and I just wanted you to know as much as possible about this great concept and game coming out on Sept.15. Come on over to the TPS site when you get a chance and I will be glad to introduce you and show you around the joint. We have tons of in-game ride videos and new screen shots to look at and drool and you may even bump in to Sambo while your there.

You can click HEREto go have a look around or you can go to our Kickstarter page right here for even more eye candy and info.

Hope your health is good and things are going well for you, take care my friend, see ya in the forums...

Boomer.

#6 viking16

viking16

Park Owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

Boomer thanks for getting back to me, I am doing great thanks for asking. One other thing I am being asked when I bring this up is will it be as hard as NO limits was when you build a coaster or something like that? Because so far you sold me on it.
Now I know the rule about not talking about key features (it has some legal name) will come out soon but when will beta hit and where do I sign my butt up for beta testing.

#7 Boomer

Boomer

Staff Writer

• Senior Staff
  • 3511 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Go HERE and on the right hand side about 5 pledge levels down in the $50 reward description (which I wrote them all BTW) is the answer to your beta question. Not only beta test but a lot of other stuff comes with that pledge level. Just go check it out, scroll down and check out all the other cool stuff.

As for your PM I don't actually do any site admin. as I got sucked over into development but I gave your problem over to Krankin4 who should be able to help you with registration, just try again later on in day on Fri.and all should be taken care of. If not just let me know and we'll go from there.

#8 Boomer

Boomer

Staff Writer

• Senior Staff
  • 3511 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Hey viking16, got email from Kranken4 this morn. saying, "Fixed and you said he was a friend so I activated his account and won't
need to do the email activation.

All's good. --Krankin4."

There ya go, come on in, I'm easy to find, I will be sitting in big ol chair doing nothing more then just starring at shiny things, you may have to tap me to get my attention. ;)

#9 Mobius One

Mobius One

Coaster Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Anything RCT or video game related. Dare I waste space in this tiny text box...

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Hi Mobius One, system requirements are still being worked out at this time. We want to optimize them as best we can and that means more time before we can release system requirements. TPS will be closer to RCT3 for ease of use then NL.

Thanks.

#10 viking16

viking16

Park Owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Hey viking16, got email from Kranken4 this morn. saying, "Fixed and you said he was a friend so I activated his account and won't
need to do the email activation.

All's good. --Krankin4."

There ya go, come on in, I'm easy to find, I will be sitting in big ol chair doing nothing more then just starring at shiny things, you may have to tap me to get my attention. ;)

Thanks boomer. And if I could afford the $50 I would help but with life that isn't an option.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users