• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mama Bear

Mama Bear

November 03 & May 07 VP Winner

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3168 posts
  • Interests:RCT,ZT, pc-adventure games and quests, Warhammer, reading(especially fantasy), painting, music (from classical music up to heavy metal), art, nature

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

Over 7 years in the making, four 128x128 canvases, 25 areas, 24 artists and 16 RCT Masters members.
The objective, though unusual, was simple: Pick an artist (painter, sculptor, architect etc.) of your liking and express your admiration RCT-wise!
The participating members were free to build just a ride, theme the area partly or theme it completely. When they decided to go for one of the first two, I completed the theming for them with respect for both the chosen artist’ and the member’s style.
I made 4 canvases, 128x128 each with the entrance in a corner so that when the four were combined the entrances connected in the centre.

Posted Image
Here you see the four entrances combined.

Three of the four give you already a slight indication of what you can expect on that canvas.
The fourth, actually the north entrance, doesn’t say much of what is on the canvas for the working title was: miscellaneous.
The south canvas had as working title: modern, the west canvas: classical and the east canvas: Impressionism, Fauvism and Surrealism (and the like. There were so many –isms in those days).
The canvases have only few custom items. There wasn’t that much in those days. The north and south only have some ¼ tile blocks and some roofs by Toon. The south also has two objects especially made for the project by The Judge and Toon!
The west and east were made somewhat later and they also have some early RCT-fun scenery( I made some sunflowers for the project, guess for which painter that was, lol) and a few things by Oppie and Couger.
I picked the project up when I became active again a few weeks back and it is now almost completed. Next to testing , naming, fine-tuning, etc., there’s just one area left to fill. I asked RCTNW if he would like to fill it, but he doesn’t have time, so if there is any other RCT Masters member (it doesn’t matter if you have left the club long ago as long as you have been a member) still active and would feel like it, let me know. Mind you though, you will only have a few weeks( like 2-3 max) since I really want to have this project released this time!! The area is on the south canvas and therefore has to be “modern” and there are very few custom objects so it will be a challenge!
If all else fails I’ll do it myself. I’m thinking about Frank Lloyd Wright but it will not be easy with the custom objects available.

Posted Image
Here they are. And yes, in the middle are the two objects made for The Judge’s contribution. Can you guess the artist?

In the coming days/weeks I will give info and screenshots of each canvas, one at a time.

Mama Bear
PS. The whole project is as peep-friendly as possible given the size of the canvases and the complexity.

#2 coastercrazy

coastercrazy

2008 Valentines Contest RunnerUp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1688 posts
  • Interests:RCT, duhh.:-P

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

I remember this.. a RCT Masters project, correct? It looks FANTASIC, Mama Bear. There seems to be too many textures though, and those pirate ship don't seem to fit, for me.

I'm looking forward to more. :)

/CC

#3 Mama Bear

Mama Bear

November 03 & May 07 VP Winner

• Senior Staff
  • 3168 posts
  • Interests:RCT,ZT, pc-adventure games and quests, Warhammer, reading(especially fantasy), painting, music (from classical music up to heavy metal), art, nature

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

I remember this.. a RCT Masters project, correct? It looks FANTASIC, Mama Bear. There seems to be too many textures though, and those pirate ship don't seem to fit, for me.

I'm looking forward to more. :)

/CC

Yes, a RCT Masters project! I see your point about the textures, but there are four individual maps. I took screenshots of each entrance and combined them in PSP. Each entrance reflects the style/period on that canvas, that's why they are all different. The west entrance in inspired by Amsterdam in the 17th century aka "the Golden Age". The ships were like that then (except for the pirate sails, of course :P )

More soon!

#4 coastercrazy

coastercrazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1688 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

^Great - thanks for the clarification.

Looking forward to more! :thumbs:

/CC

#5 coastercrazy

coastercrazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1688 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

Mama Bear - I noticed you posted a new update for this park over at NE. Don't leave RCTspace in the dust. Don't forget us!!!

(The new screen, however, looks great. :) )

/CC

#6 RNRMontuX

RNRMontuX

RCT Mart Moderator

• Members
  • 2986 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:12 AM

Looks great!

#7 Todd Lee

Todd Lee

May 2007 V.P. Winner

• Senior Staff
  • 3448 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

Anything new happening with this Mama?

#8 KaiBueno

KaiBueno

PapaBueno of RCTM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with Family, friends...at work a lot though.

Homebrewing, coasters, theme parks, sports, reading, Star Wars, NP, movies, music...oh yea, and RCT/LL, RCT 2, RCT 3.

I've made over 20 or so parks in the first versions of RCT (1 & 2), maybe the MP will be finished this year (2007)?

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:58 PM

No one posts here anymore, but on the off chance this triggers something Todd Lee, this will be released in less than a month.

#9 KaiBueno

KaiBueno

PapaBueno of RCTM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with Family, friends...at work a lot though.

Homebrewing, coasters, theme parks, sports, reading, Star Wars, NP, movies, music...oh yea, and RCT/LL, RCT 2, RCT 3.

I've made over 20 or so parks in the first versions of RCT (1 & 2), maybe the MP will be finished this year (2007)?

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:18 PM

Released!

https://www.nedesign...asters-palette/

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users