25 replies to this topic

#1 buckone

buckone

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:08 PM

I need to know if there is a need for a tutorial for the datmaker, simplified. So that others can understand it and make their own dat groups. If there is a need for it, I'll make it this afternoon and have it posted by early evening.

Changed my mind, I did it anyway.

Datmaker 1.1 Simplified Tutorial

Start Datmaker and click on the blank page icon. Select Scenary Group, then click on Make It!

Highlight String Block Names, enter the name of the scenary group you wish to make ( i.e. Shop Signs, My Junk, etc.)

Click on Package Dats, add the dat files you want in the group.

Click on the Images. Here's where it gets a little tricky. You need to add the .bmp of the picture you want on the tab. Do it twice.
* Note* - Make sure the image is no larger than 29x26. There will be two pixels that will not show, so I suggest no bigger than 27x26. That is 27wx26h. You also need to make sure the background on your image is black. Datmaker uses the black background as a transparent color. That is how you see the image on the green tab. Datmaker will make the changes necessary for the active and inactive tab. No need to worry about doing it yourself. That is why you add the .bmp twice.

Save the file as a .dax file first. That way if you need to make changes later, you can open the .dax file and and add or delete what you need to and make any other changes you need to.

Then save the file as a .dat file. You can click on the export button to make an automatic zip file or you can manually zip the files yourself.

I do not suggest releasing the .dax file as that is your working copy of the group. If you release the .dax file, that would enable anyone to edit your theme and then release it as their own. Release the dat file.

***** If you need a more involved tutorial please go here: http://trg.rct2.com/dm_start.html

This is Henry's trg site. His tutorial is more detailed. This tutorial was meant to be easy so anyone could understand and use.

Downloadable Version

Edited by buckone, 10 July 2003 - 09:15 AM.

#2 RCTNW

RCTNW

Attempting to lose my RCT mind!!!!!!!

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3945 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:13 PM

I know I could use it. I think it would be a great addition if you have the time. Thanks

RCTNW

#3 Rohn Starr

Rohn Starr

Most Interesting Member - ORCA: RCT2.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:40 PM

I could use a simplified version of the tutorial also.

#4 buckone

buckone

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:44 PM

It's done. Look above. ;)

#5 ravenrider

ravenrider

Coaster Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Theme parks, Roller coasters.

Posted 04 June 2003 - 02:12 PM

Cool, I tried to read Henry's I got about half way thur and lost my thought and just gave up. now it looks more simpler. :lol:

#6 buckone

buckone

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 02:12 AM

Thanks. That's what I was aiming for. Sometimes we tend to get lost in detail and I wanted to make it easier. I fell into the same trap when I first used it too. I hope this made it easier for everyone.

#7 HavocMD

HavocMD

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 04:42 AM

is there a limit to the number of objects in a tab?

(could i put all of my custom objects in a single tab?)

#8 buckone

buckone

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 05:09 AM

so far i have not found a limit. but you can bet it's not going to show 500 objects in one tab. they may end up being scattered here and there. but 500 images are not going to show up in one tab.

Edited by buckone, 09 July 2003 - 05:10 AM.

#9 shellbe76

shellbe76

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 11:01 AM

Don't forget that for the image you move, it has to be one taken from the game, so take a SS of what you want in your tab, and resize and black out the background, and you save it and use that - as I found out yesterday when buckone guided me through :)

#10 Jeremy Biesecker

Jeremy Biesecker

Park Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 06:00 PM

I've got a problem. After you click on the Package DATs how do you actually add the files you want? When I click on Package DATs nothing happens, and same thing with the images.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users