Photo

How To Download Parks/8 Cars Per Trainer?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Curlylox15

Curlylox15

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

I purchased RCT2: Triple Thrill Pack off of Steam, and was wondering how do I install parks and how do I install the 8 Cars per Trainer menu thing? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Curlylox15, 07 July 2014 - 01:49 AM.

#2 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:19 AM

Installing parks is as simple as copying them into your Saved Games folder. Open them up in the game to insure the saved scenery goes into the ObjData folder.

Copy or unpack the 8cars files to a folder in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 folder. Just Run the game, Alt-Tab out of the game and go the 8cars.exe file and double click. Choose what you want to do and Alt-Tab back to the game. You can repeat the Alt-Tab to go change more stuff with 8cars as it will still be open until you close it.
  • Sambo likes this

#3 Curlylox15

Curlylox15

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

@Sambo, I figured out where the saved games folder was, but now a complication that hopefully you can help me out with...I downloaded 'Six Flags Carolina' from nedesigns.com. The file came with two SV6 files and two DAT files. I pasted the whole folder into my RCT2 'Saved Games' folder, but when I go to open the file up in the game, it says I am missing the DAT files. How do I get it so that the game recognizes the two DAT files within the folder? Please help!

Edited by Curlylox15, 07 July 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#4 Sambo

Sambo

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:36 AM

Just move the two DAT files into the ObjData folder, and the SV6 files into the saved games folder. No need for a folder within a folder.
  • Sambo likes this

#5 Curlylox15

Curlylox15

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

Thanks! That worked! One last question that I hope you can help me out with - I'm looking for a custom scenery pack with B&M coaster supports/catwalks for RCT2. If you know any good packages, could you please provide a link?! That'd be awesome!

#6 Sambo

Sambo

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

I know the scenery pieces exist - but I don't know where they can be obtained these days. (if they are not already in a park in our downloads)

I'll leave this note here for other members in case someone has them or a link to them.
B)
  • Sambo likes this

#7 beginner2

beginner2

Park Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:7

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

I'm looking for a custom scenery pack with B&M coaster supports/catwalks for RCT2. If you know any good packages, could you please provide a link?! That'd be awesome!

I know the ProTour 3 workbench has them, I also know that the GW NE Bench has them. These are listed as "large" scenery items, and if you need to mix/match (you have space in both "large" and "small") you can grab the original object data files from the Blue Thunder ride design. It's up to you.

#8 Sambo

Sambo

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Thanks beginner2 - I knew someone would have the answer! :thumbs:
  • Sambo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users