MidwestBoyInLA

Best Graphic Designer - ORCA: RCT2.com Community Voice Award -

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:my cats Goober and Stinker

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

Hey there, RCT'ers!

I've been lurking for a while now, and after just renewing RCT*Mart's domain one more time, am at the point of wanting to figure out how to retire the site, if it should be retired, etc.

I started a topic at The Mart, but we've locked down registration there so I thought I'd post the same discussion over here:

I've been gone for a while and have kind of put the Mart here in "maintenance" mode, meaning I've closed all new registrations and also haven't upgraded the forums in a (long) while.

IPB has gone to a new pay-per-month program which I really don't feel justifies the cost of a site like this for an older video game.

However I realized that in addition to our "Downloads" section, there's still a lot of custom user-created content in the forums here.

I just want to ask those of you who visit the site still how/if/when we should transition to a different style or format, one that would preserve some of the good things here while making it easier for me to 'maintain' in a low key kind of way.

The forums are vulnerable still. I've had to remove the Admin backend (which is usually how hackers can hack a site) after we were hacked several months ago.

Should I just move the "Official RCT*Mart Downloads" somewhere else and drop the forums? Should I try to transition the forums to some other platform? Should I comb through all the forums and add a user-created Download section?

What's your thoughts?

Incidentally, all of our "Official RCT*Mart Downloads" remain available here: http://www.rctmart.c...oads/index.html

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

Brad (a.k.a. MidwestBoyInLA)

#2 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:30 AM

We're here to help in whatever limited capacity we can Brad. The forums might be problematic, but we can always create an RCT*Mart section in our Downloads to help preserve them. It would indeed be unfortunate to lose all that forum wisdom.

Keeping an eye here to see what folks think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users