#1 AxelP14

AxelP14

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:2

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Everything I know. Editing the registry file myself via regedit, all files available, RegSetup done, re-install done. No idea. It's now 8 months since I last play Time Twister expansion back in Windows XP. Anyone know how to fix this issue in Windows 8.1? :(

Edited by AxelP14, 02 July 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#2 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

I do not have Windows 8 of any version, but I have Windows 7. I recently encountered this same problem.

My solution was to reinstall the entire series. Of course I know that the registry needs to be scrubbed very thoroughly to remove all previous traces. CCleaner and regedit accomplished this. The reinstall began with the RCT2 disc. It installed without a problem, and I ran it to make sure. It ran just fine after install. Moving on.

Inserted Wacky Worlds disc and began installation. It finished successfully according to the install software. Of course I rebooted and tried running RCT2. Got the big blue starting bar and the game froze. Knowing this is a common complaint, I backed out (task manager) and in My Computer went to the Infogrammes folder and right clicked on the rct2.exe file and selected Launch Analysis. It found the newly installed rct2.exe file (from WW)is an incompatible file, and it recommended to run in Windows XP SP2 Compatibility mode. Before I agreed to this, I also right clicked on rct2.exe again and chose to run it as administrator. Then I selected the reboot the file option and lo and behold, the game ran just fine again.

Knowing I had to do all the above before ever attempting Time Twisters, I swapped discs and let Time Twisters install. The install went just fine and after rebooting, the game runs just fine with all expansions working.

The important thing was how to deal with the rct2.exe file immediately after the WW install. If not done this way, the TT install says it is successful, but it will not work. I cannot say this is how it works in Windows 8, but the differences between W7 and W8 in running this game are less different than going forward from XP.

#3 AxelP14

AxelP14

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:2

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

Still unsuccessfull until now.... Too bad :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users