9 replies to this topic

#1 Crappage

Crappage

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

I'm starting a new thread due to updated information. I completely overhauled my previous scenario pack. Here's the link...

http://www.mediafire...Recreations.zip

...and the included Readme info:

This pack of scenarios is an attempt to remake all of the scenarios from RCT1 for RCT2 as accurately as possible, right down to the research order and staff uniform colors, and without using any Wacky Worlds, Time Twister, or custom scenery. Other users such as dakinle and RCTScenarioLover did a good job making their own while including some RCT2 extras into the mix, but I felt that this took away the good old "feel" of the original scenarios and decided to redo the build menus and research trees as exact as possible to the originals (with some exceptions, listed in the details), courtesy of rcthelp's Reaserch Trees on RCT Station. I think that this maintains the nostalgic feel and, for some scenarios, the challenge. All parks were re-categorized so that the Original RCTs are under Beginner, Corkscrew Follies under Challenging, and Loopy Landscapes under Expert. Rainbow Valley isn't exactly a beginner park, but it best resembles RCT1's categorization.

Here are some details about this scenario pack:

-The new RCT2 train types are included in the Corkscrew Follies and Loopy Landscapes scenarios, (Floorless Suspended Swinging coaster, Mini Coaster cars and toboggans, etc which are not considered a separate ride in RCT2).
-The default selected scenery when starting up the Scenario Editor (curved roof, support structure, queue line TV, etc) were also included, since for some reason when importing a landscape over from RCT1 it doesn't have them selected.
-Fixed those annoying un-purchasable land blocks in some scenarios like Pacific Pyramids and Urban Park.
-The unnamed rollercoasters in some scenarios were given names.
-Due to RCT2's contruction rights bug over the guests' entrance path, Bumbly Beach now has guests come from one edge of the map only, so rights can be purchased over at least one path. Nevermore Park's entrance was also moved up in front of the first rollercoaster station, but guests can still use the center path.
-Fiasco Forest and Alton Towers now have a Spiral Coaster in place of RCT1's Steel Mini versions of Whiplash and Black Hole, respectively.
-Heide-Park's Grottenblitz is now a Mine Ride instead of a Mine Train Coaster because that's what it is in real life.
-Loan interest rates for Sprightly Park and Blackpool Pleasure Beach are set to 2%, which is slightly more than in RCT1, but still manageable. The rates in Alton Towers and Heide-Park are set to 1% because rides can't have fees with a park entry fee like in RCT1, making it harder to sustain income.
-Panda World, an official scenario by Chris Sawyer, is included in this pack.

Let me know if you have any questions or find something that's broken.

#2 Antronach

Antronach

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

This might seem like a nitpick, but could you increase the lowest elevation on Micro Park, Thunder Rock(s) & Lightning Peaks by 1 unit? It might not be true for a callback, but those scenarios are pretty hard to play when you can't build at the same height of the park entrance (less so for Lightning Peaks, but more so for Micro Park). Maybe alterations akin to Big Pier 2?

Still, I love the dedication you put into these. They're like official recreations. The only ones you're missing are the gaming magazine parks, but that's not much.

#3 Crappage

Crappage

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

I'll see what I can do. Unless there's an easy way to change the lowest point on a map with a trainer or something, I can't really do anything about Lightning Peaks and Thunder Rock except just move the base land up one unit. And I'm not familiar with the magazine parks, but I suppose I'll add those as well.

#4 PV1000

PV1000

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

I applaud your dedication! These are exact duplicates- very well done!

#5 Crappage

Crappage

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Aw shucks...

Alrighty, I fixed Thunder Rock(s) and Micro Park. Lightning Peaks was left alone since you can't fit anything near the entrance anyway. I would have made the 3 promo parks but I couldn't get the gameplay park to load to make an sv4 file to convert. I believe the file name needs to be something else, because I had to rename pcgw.sc4 and pcplayer.sc4 to pc gaming world.sc4 and pc player.sc4, respectively, to get them to work. gameplay.sc4 is apparently wrong, so does anyone happen to know the correct name?

#6 Crappage

Crappage

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Got them working. I updated the file with the 3 promo parks included.

By the way, I removed Panda World since it's not an RCT1 scenario and has junk objdata files to install and whatnot. It's easy to find elsewhere anyway.

#7 lolzker

lolzker

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

Is there any RCT1 remake scenarios that include First Aid stations and ATMs as buildables in RCT2? They're vital to that game, so I feel necessary to be successful at the scenarios. None of the scenarios I've tried include them.

#8 Crappage

Crappage

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

>First Aid and ATMs

>Vital

I think you need to git gud.

#9 lizard

lizard

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

Hello!

Great work with the RCT1 pack! Playing trough it now and noticed this random patch of area to build rides above in Trinity Islands. Not sure if it is supposed to be like that?

7sdfuhidsf9xpze.png

#10 Crappage

Crappage

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:02 AM

I just check RCT1 and yes, it's supposed to be like that.

• Sambo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users