• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image

The Rally is leaving the unfortunate destination of Peru where nobody won, and travels to the final and invitational endpoint in our 2009 Road Rally... South Africa!

This final invitational will consist of the past winners should they wish to vie for the 2009 championship title:

Wolfman
K0ng
Jaguarkid140 -
entry received
5dave -
entry received (see your email 5dave)
Airtime
Nin

The OBJECTIVES for the FINAL leg of the 2009 Road Rally are:
  • Entry is limited to the above members
  • You supply your bench - yes, you use what you want!
  • Park must include two, count 'em, two coasters
  • Theme it all to South Africa.

Start your RCT engines...

DEADLINE for the South Africa / November Road Rally is: Midnight YOUR LOCAL TIME, Saturday December 26th, 2009. - 1 Week extension granted and the due date has been updated to 12/26/09

Send your entries to: rctspacecontests@gmail.com, zipped with the applicants' Park name, Road Rally and Forum username.

Take special note of the CHANGED for 2009 rules:

The Road Rallies will be held in tight consecutive order with the next beginning as soon as the previous leg ends - it is a grueling always moving Rally. There will be one Winner and possibly two Runner-ups each of legs/destinations and all winners/runner-ups will be invited to participate in the Final Road Rally of the Year in November, with the chance become the Road Rally Champion of 2009...

The judging will be done by the Staff and by other members as needed..

Each Road Rally leg/destination will have a specific country to theme your park around. The theme will be based on what country the Road Rally is taking place that month. Sometimes this coincides with local events that can guide the theme of your park. We may not tell you about these and rely on your local knowledge to build that into your park.

The contest will be RCT2 only.

There will be a set of directions to follow, objectives to be met. The goal is to build the best themed map, meeting all the objectives, and finishing by the deadline.

You will only have a minimum of 4 weeks from time of announcement to build your park - sometimes more. Each segment of the Road Rally contest, new objectives will be assigned and the Road Rally will be in another country.

This year, the Road Rallies will be all over the world and you won't know where it will be held until its time to announce the country and Road Rally for that month.

- Checkpoints : You will be given a series of objectives that must be completed. For example...build a go karts ride and a wooden coaster.

-Workbenches:
For every Road Rally either a new workbench will be provided, or it will be told which former one you have to use for that round. You are only allowed to use this official workbench for your entry.
The map size is approximately 50X50 although some benches may have a custom size. Benches CAN NOT be changed!!!! You can take the bench into the editor to move or change the entrance, but that is the only change which is allowed to the bench!!! You cannot change or add any rides or scenery to the map. You must use what is available. You can build any rides that are available and use any shops/stalls/paths that are available. You can of course landscape the workbench. If the bench is an odd size (not square) and has area lowered and blacked out - that area is not intended for use.

-Trainers: Trainers and Hacking are allowed. If however the judges cannot open your park, or need special tools or instructions - it may be disqualified.

The park is closed with a trainer. You are free to open it to test it with guests in it, but before sending it in the park must be swept of peeps and closed again. You can use a trainer for building purposes, but remember that the actual rides and scenery cannot be changed or added to.

-Submitting Entries: Send all entries to rctspacecontests@gmail.com, zipped with the applicants' Park name, Road Rally and Forum username. Example: Greece Road Rally-emergo. The Deadline will be given in the specific months rules.

-Received Entries: Entries will be acknowledged when received and names mentioned in the post. If you don't get a return message - it may not have been received.

If you send a park and your name is not added to the list, it will be for one of the following reasons:
1. I didn't receive it. (no email acknowledgment of receipt)
2. It was corrupt and wouldn't open.
3. You changed the ride or object selection.
4. One or more of the objectives were not completed.
5. You need some patience as the contest mail is not checked every day.

If any of the above happens, you will not be informed automatically. It will be up to you to figure out the problem and resubmit the park. We try to let you know of problems - but no guarantee, so don't expect it.

-Winning Parks: Only each months Winner and Runner-up's (if any) will be posted for download. Non winning parks submitted for the competition can be released at the discretion of the builder, after the completion of each months round.

Any Questions or Comments can be posted in this topic.

Have fun and good luck!

~Sambo

#2 5dave

5dave

RCT Majesty Club Co-Leader, July Road Rally Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Coasters&Parks, Music (Metal), PCs, Creativity

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:34 PM

Is there a Min/Max size for the benches?

"MFG"

#3 Louis!

Louis!

June 07 Weekend Getaway Winner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:RCTLL, RCT2

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:40 PM

We didn't actually discuss this. I'll take the lead and say that 50x50 minimum.

#4 Sambo

Sambo

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:45 PM

Didn't specify because it's open. I didn't think there's be too many 254 x 254 entries as the time until closing is so short. Well... short for a mega bench. I think most are comfortable with a bench around 50 x 50 and that certainly gives enough time. However if you want to do a 100 x 100 and can finish it. Realistically a 50 x 50 minimum sounds reasonable, but I don't want to let that discourage you from making that Awesome 25 x 25 that could really blow our socks off because it so screams South Africa.

Decisions, decisions...

Also - should 5dave chose to enter, he will be up to tie Emergo for first place in number of Road Rally wins. But no pressure or anything. :wait:

#5 Louis!

Louis!

June 07 Weekend Getaway Winner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:RCTLL, RCT2

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

Yeah I agree with you on the bench size there, I just didn't want to say that there was no minimum as then we could end up having a 15x15 park, and sure enough it could be amazing, but it doesn't take it away from being only 15x15.

I'd say 25x25 minimum then.

#6 J K

J K

April 06 VP Runnerup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Music,mates,sports,cars,girls

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:08 PM

Awesome! Such a good country to build for! I wish I had enough time to have entered this so I could give this great competition some input. That said If K0NG and 5Dave both get an entry in, this will be one pretty spectacular final. Nin and Airtime are amazing competition as well so i wouldnt be suprised if they put an amazing entry in too!

Make this a legendary one guys! ;)

#7 Jaguarkid140

Jaguarkid140

Coaster Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

Can it be peep compatable?

#8 Sambo

Sambo

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:10 PM

Can it be peep compatable?

yes

#9 nin

nin

Coaster Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

alright, me and airtime are in.