• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

ROAD RALLY NORWAY

We had 2 entries for the March Road Rally -Norway, and both are extremely nice parks.

The judging was difficult because both parks are so good, but after more than enough consideration, Emergo's leave, and site problems - we can announce finally that the winner by a slim margin is:

Posted Image

Moroverden by 5dave

The very close Runner-up is DrDirt for his park - Cliffs of Norway

Check them out and you can comment on them in this topic.

Enjoy, and congrats to both!

The next Road Rally will be announced shortly, and yes, we know the schedule is way out of whack. Sorry.

~Sambo

#2 5dave

5dave

RCT Majesty Club Co-Leader, July Road Rally Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Coasters&Parks, Music (Metal), PCs, Creativity

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

Woah, finally the results are here! Thanks Sambo!
Glad you picked my park.

I'm glad we - Dr.Dirt and me - gave the judges a hard time... :P

About your park, Dr.Dirt:
I really liked the placement of the park on the cliffs, although it looked a bit too much like a Canyon instead of a Fjord. I think the landscape was just a bit too high for the size of the map. The bobsleigh coaster was really nice with the track going in and outside the cliff. What I didn't understand was that you covered the lifthill, that didn't made any sense too me. The naming of the rides was also a bit boring IMO. Also it was a bit of a let-down that the park wasn't peep able, and the entrance was showing in the water.... Sorry but I didn't liked the park that much...
Can't wait to see your RR finals park, though!

Cu in the finals!

"MFG"

#3 dr dirt

dr dirt

Coaster Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:26 AM

I don't see how this was so close. Honestly, I wasn't happy at the park at all and parts were unfinished, like the water around the entrance building and the track showing on the rapids. The only thing I'm proud of is the first twists on the bobsled coaster over the fjord. Btw, my park's name is Cliffs of Norway. Please use RCTModified to view my park if you download it. I hope the judges used it as that doesn't seem to be the case by the looks of the overview.

5dave, I can definately see why you won. Your park was well made, and I don't see a whole lot wrong with it. The coaster could have been a bit better, but it wasn't too bad.

#4 Sambo

Sambo

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:35 AM

I don't see how this was so close. Honestly, I wasn't happy at the park at all and parts were unfinished, like the water around the entrance building and the track showing on the rapids. The only thing I'm proud of is the first twists on the bobsled coaster over the fjord. Btw, my park's name is Cliffs of Norway. Please use RCTModified to view my park if you download it. I hope the judges used it as that doesn't seem to be the case by the looks of the overview.

5dave, I can definately see why you won. Your park was well made, and I don't see a whole lot wrong with it. The coaster could have been a bit better, but it wasn't too bad.

We did use RCTmodified - at least I did. I just downloaded it and used it to view your park - it's off my machine now and I didn't get a chance to take the screenshot. If you have one, I'll gladly replace the one that is there. I just personally don't care for RCTModified. I don't like using it - just my personal choice. I think other members should try it out for themselves.

I think you under value your park. It wasn't as bad as you make it sound. True, 5dave's was the best - but give yourself more credit.

I'll change the park name... ;)

#5 Geewhzz

Geewhzz

Park Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:38 AM

Good stuff by all. 5dave is just in a league of his own. Perfect foliage, atmosphere, details. I could go on all day.

dr.dirt, nice to see you finish some stuff. If you every wanna maybe make our old coaster into a design or something, contact me.

#6 dr dirt

dr dirt

Coaster Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:50 PM

Sambo- Ok, just making sure because it looks 10 times worse without rctmodified. I just don't think too highly of the park now. Thanks for changing the name.

geewhz- Thanks. I'll contact you soon.

#7 jhonsadins

jhonsadins

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:54 PM

really nice with the track and out of the cliff. What I do not understand is that you have included the lift hill, which made no sense to me. Identify the rides were also a bit dull IMO. In addition, it was a bit of a disappointment that the park was not a condition of entry has been cut and showing in the water ..

#8 Sambo

Sambo

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:14 AM

really nice with the track and out of the cliff. What I do not understand is that you have included the lift hill, which made no sense to me. Identify the rides were also a bit dull IMO. In addition, it was a bit of a disappointment that the park was not a condition of entry has been cut and showing in the water ..

You need RCTModified to make it look right...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users