Photo

Gwazi Vs. Fk+coastermind

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Gwazi vs. FK+Coastermind

Climb The Ladder Challenge - April 2007

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:40 PM

Gwazi challenged FK+Coastermind with this:

Objective:
Build a themed Corkscrew Roller Coaster in RCT2 that isn't peepable, and has one other working flat ride. Shops and stalls are optional.

Terms:
Any and all trainers are allowed.
Make your own workbench, have it your own size.
None of the park may be left empty.
NO custom supports.
Good luck, FK!

FK+Coastermind then asked this question:

am i only allowed 1 corckscrew coaster or can i have 2?

Gwazi replied with:

Well, if they are dueling or racing, and are meant to be one ride, I'll say yes, but if they are separate coasters, then no.

Also, if only one works, then you may.

I'm not posting any pictures this time because this is an actual matchup and I don't want any voting on pictures B)

Gwazi - Feuervogel

Attached File  TheCastleofQueenRuby_FK_Coastermind.zip   4.69MB   107 downloads

The poll will close on May 10!

#2 Gwazi

Gwazi

RCT Majesty Club Member Mod & May 07 RR Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:RCT2, Xbox 360, Baseball, Theme Parks

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:50 PM

I just wanted to say sorry to FK+Coastermind for not allowing custom supports. The only reason I did this was because I would be too busy the rest of April to do any custom supporting, and I was right, so I am glad that I made that rule. However, I am sincerely sorry for not letting FK+Coastermind make his park the best it can be. :(

Good luck FK+Coastermind. This should be a pretty good matchup. :)

#3 FK+coastermind

FK+coastermind

2 times RR RunnerUp Winner Valentines Contest 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Interests:Roller Coasters ofcourse, And Half Life 2. I LOVE that game

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:34 AM

its no problem. although it takes away i was nice to be able to not worry about them for once. saved me some time. i felt my parks layout fell apart in the castle grouds. very bare and blank. alot of the castle ive been to are normally blank and bare but i wanted to do more to them, just didnt find the time or inserpation.

you park was very good. the archy was well detailed though random at times. the coaster looked very good but i didnt like the slowness through the loops. i also thought it felt short. i liked the hillside with the flowers. great atmosphere.

FK+Coastermind

#4 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • 2515 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:27 AM

Nice matchup guys! :thumbs:

This was a toughy because I like both....a lot.

I liked the architecture and what you were going for in your park FK but I didn't much care for the coaster..although I did like the part going through the tunnel ? building. Nice job!

I had to go with Gwazi's though because the coaster was really nice and that was the challenge, wasn't it? The simple architecture and peaceful atmosphere was very nice.

I think this is going to be a close vote :)

#5 dr dirt

dr dirt

Coaster Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:56 PM

I enjoyed both parks a lot. They have nice architecture, and theming. I loved the coasters in each of the parks, and i thought they fit well with their surroundings.
Gwazi's park i really like the peacefulness, and all the extra details like the archery and the sword in the stone. Although, the sword seemed way to big for the handle. Great atmosphere and the landscaping added to it. Really nice and enjoyable!
FK+Coastermind's park had a nice castle feel to it and the architecture was amazing! There were tons of tiny details, but they were a little repetitive. One big plus I found in the park was how well the coaster interacts with the path and theming. The only draw back I saw was the transition from the minute details to the castle walls to the openess of the inside.

It was really close, but I chose FK+Coastermind.

#6 Todd Lee

Todd Lee

May 2007 V.P. Winner

• Senior Staff
  • 3448 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:25 PM

Nice work on both of them guys. I really liked both coasters, so it came down to how the whole area was put together. I really liked the castle, but felt it was a little too much of the same. There was a lot of gray (because castles are really like that) and the interior of the castle was a bit bare.

I voted for Gwazi because the surrounding areas were really appealing to me.

Good job to the both of you, I commend you both for finishing what you set out to do!

#7 Gwazi

Gwazi

RCT Majesty Club Member Mod & May 07 RR Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Interests:RCT2, Xbox 360, Baseball, Theme Parks

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:07 PM

I just took a look at FK's entry. I thought it was quite nice. It's kinda funny that we both used a castle/medieval theme.

Although some of the buildings/detail seemed a little repetitive, you had some excellent detail that reminded me of RCFanB&M's work that I've seen (i.e. His design). There was a lot of bare land, but it went with the theme, so that is okay. The coaster was pretty cool even though the ratings were somewhat bad. I do wish you had a transfer track, though.

The foliage was pretty good, although it could have been refined a tad on that small island. The flowers may have been better off another color, but they were still nice. Lastly, the quarter-tile waterfall was pretty cool. My only suggestion for that would be to use 1/4-tile building blocks colored the light blue/ice color behind them (Even though that's just personal preference).

You had an excellent entry, and it is an honor to go up against it. :)

#8 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • 2515 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:21 PM

15 downloads....10 votes

C'mon people....VOTE

#9 Trainman 2000

Trainman 2000

RCT Insanity Club Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1465 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:40

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:55 PM

Gwazi's was quite simple but it had a nice... QUAINT feeling. The color was just a TAD too bright... but the coaster otherwise was great. Plus, some really cool l'il details...

#10 Emergo

Emergo

April05 VP/05+06 Rd Rally Champ/Winner Cell Contest 2006

• Senior Staff
  • 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:46 AM

Gwazi and FK+Coastermind,

Nice challenge this seems!!!! :thumbs:

I am just coming back at the site for the first evening in 5 months (had a severe accident last December, hospital and revalidation up till now) but I hope to still have a look at this and vote before the 10th (cannot promise though)

Anyhow, great initiative and challenge, well done...!

:D
Emergo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users