20 replies to this topic

#1 soyboy

soyboy

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:41 PM

Okay, so i'm trying to build a park but I have one problem- a banner limit. I was able to make only 90 something banners. It seems that in alot of parks (like Disneyland Resort New York) seem that they were able to dump all the banners they can and they still don't hit the limit.
Is there anyway to build the max amount of banners?
Please reply.
Thanks! :)

#2 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:35 AM

Since RCT2 is a game of set limits - the only way to have more banners is to have fewer of something else.

I believe fewer shops and maybe fewer employees might do the trick...

#3 soyboy

soyboy

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:08 AM

really? That's All? hmm...
Thanks!
I'll try it out!

EDIT: Um nope. No help, but thanks anyway. Or, do I need to take out alot of shops? Do you do this if you get this banner glitch? Oh and, any other suggestions?

Edited by soyboy, 18 February 2007 - 02:27 AM.

#4 Alaeriia

Alaeriia

Park Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Dragons<br />Flying<br />RCT<br />Sending long emails complaining about people
  • Coaster Uploads:2

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:39 PM

THe proper thing to do is to create a "Sign depot". This consists of a large block of path covered in signs. Do this before you build any rides, shops, or hire employees. When you hit the limit, then start with the other things. If you need a sign, delete one from the depot. The only downside is that the depot is ugly and can get in the way.

#5 rcthelp

rcthelp

RCT2.com Founder

• Senior Staff
  • 5930 posts
  • RCTspace Honours:RCT2.com Founder, Site Technical Guru
  • Coaster Uploads:68

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:28 PM

In RCT2 there is a limit of 250 banners in the game. This includes the scenery 'sign' items where you can add text.

#6 Alaeriia

Alaeriia

Park Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Dragons<br />Flying<br />RCT<br />Sending long emails complaining about people
  • Coaster Uploads:2

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:20 PM

To clarify, "banners" are the following: 3D Signs, banner signs that go across the path, park entrance banners, ride entrance marquees, and queue banners.

#7 rcthelp

rcthelp

RCT2.com Founder

• Senior Staff
  • 5930 posts
  • RCTspace Honours:RCT2.com Founder, Site Technical Guru
  • Coaster Uploads:68

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:28 PM

To clarify, No they're not! They certainly don't include Park Entrance banners.

#8 Trainman 2000

Trainman 2000

RCT Insanity Club Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1465 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:40

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:27 AM

i wonder how you could have 250 banners... you must be making a big park

#9 Coasterbill

Coasterbill

Coaster Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:49 PM

I hit that limit quite often, usually I delete a banner from somewhere else where I don't really need it and it doesn't add much to the overall look of the park.

#10 Emergo

Emergo

April05 VP/05+06 Rd Rally Champ/Winner Cell Contest 2006

• Senior Staff
  • 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:54 PM

Yes, there seems to be a "banner limit" in RCT2.
it seems to be a bug.

with a fresh started park (no matter what size), around 250 banners seem to be available.

It includes the signs you place yourself, and it seems also to include exit/entrance signs.

The longer you play, the more signs seem to get "vanished" in the game. (Many people have experienced this by now)
Meaning that, say, after 15 years of RCT playing time, and counting that you i.e. have placed 60 banners, you would expect that you have still 250 minus 60= 190 banners left to place. But then it turns out that you don't have this 190 banners to place anymore, but just 130 left ....things like that.....

Normally you will only experience this "bug"" if in the end the game says that you cannot place anymore banners, and by that time it is too late, as you cannot reverse it anymore...only solution then is to delete banners that are less important to make place for some more important ones.

What many "experienced" parkbuilders do by now, if they want to build a larger park, indeed is the following:

- as soon as you start a new large park, place all the available signs in a "banner stack", up to the limit.

- every time you want to place a banner, you have to delete one from the banner stack to be able to place one in your game.

- this ensures you that you can have the full amount of banners in your park.

- of course this "banner stack" does not "look" nice in your park, but what would be the problem with that......????? You only use it while building, in an available corner... once your park is finished you either have used up all the banners in the park (and so from the stack), or you just delete the superfluous ones from the banner stack......

Emergo :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users