#1 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:17 PM

Posted Image

Congratulations to RCT MAJESTY for bringing RCT Space our first ever WEEKEND GETAWAY!

WEEKEND GETAWAY was created in order to highlight those parks entered for VP in a month where a VP was not chosen. Even though this park was not chosen for VP, judges felt it would have won VP RunnerUP, had there been a VP...so we have WEEKEND GETAWAY...

Attached File  thumb_54_whisperingrivers.jpg   9.7KB   298 downloads

DOWNLOAD

The RCT MAJESTY members who helped create this park were: RC_Freak, Fred, Mifune, Levis, and Ultratycoon. There is a readme in the zip, so check that out!

The judges this round were: Wabigbear, Emergo, rwadams, FK+Coastermind, and Buckeye Becky.

Here are some of the judges comments:

rwadams
I liked the park very much and it would be a good Weekend Getaway. The architecture could have been more detailed and the ride selection was poor. Most of the rides were non-functioning hacks that seemed to be done just for the sake of hacking and served no logical purpose.

FK+Coastermind
I felt as a whole the park looked good but didn't function well as a park because of the layout of the park. I loved some of the architecture. Parts of the park are VP worthy but as a whole I think it would most definitely be a Weekend Getaway.

Wabigbear
I thought the park looked rushed. As soon as I opened the park, the messages started coming in that rides were broken. While I can admire a clever hack, I also really dislike hacks that are done sloppily, and there were several of those in this park. Some rides were closed that should not have been closed. It was frustrating to judge. Some of the architecture was first rate but some didn't seem to have anything to do with the park's overall look. The park was original and clever and the landscaping was quite good. I think more time spent trying to better execute in areas and paying more attention to details and finishing touches would have helped them reach the VP level.

Emergo
Architecture-Entrance and castle part was pulled off rather nice, and I liked the horse stadium a lot. Consistent and convincing. The jungle part was a bit simple and repetitive, but colours were well-chosen and cheerful. I loved the stadium and grounds for the hacked mini roller coaster! Beautiful. I was less impressed with the Chinese part. The fact that in the readme you dared to say that "This area is based on China Charms from Emergo but tries to explore the theme even more where Emergo stopped" really is a downright insult...

Coasters-The coasters did not impress me very much. Tyrannosaurus was decent but too slow in the cobra roll. Whispering Flying Dragon was too short. I loved the mini roller coaster cars (pity they forgot to name them).

Landscaping-Nothing to be wowed or impressed by, but what was there was pulled off really well and tastefully.

Originality/Creativity-I loved the idea to have a custom-ride in every area. Phoenix was impressive. Terrodactyl crashed my game when I tried to open it (don't build an entrance for these things so you don't accidently open it and crash the game). The wheel was impressive but I have seen these custom wheels executed much better before.

Layout-Five separate areas in a small park were done well. The transitions were good enough and it seemed to flow well. The large blog of dark brown path in the jungle area stood out too much compared to rest of park.

Ride Selection-A bit poor IMO. Could have been some more flat rides. The coasters were not too attractive, except the nice mini RC cars.

Theming-All in all, unoriginal in some parts, good/very good in others, but overall a very solid job.

Buckeye Becky
I actually hadn't intended to judge because I had asked another forum member to judge. However, after sending the information to judge to the forum member, he hasn't been around...and the deadline for judging results passed. So the decision to give this park Weekend Getaway or nothing at all sort of laid on me. I agreed with generally everything mentioned above, but thought there was quite a bit of effort and the park certainly deserved this Weekend Getaway.

**Excerpts were taken from all the judges comments. There was more, and should they feel like expanding on what I have already posted, they will do so.**

CONGRATULATIONS :thumbs:

#2 lucas92

lucas92

Sept 06 RR RunnerUp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Interests:Nintendo, music, drawing, girls
  • Coaster Uploads:10

Posted 17 September 2006 - 07:13 PM

Emergo
I was less impressed with the Chinese part. The fact that in the readme you dared to say that "This area is based on China Charms from Emergo but tries to explore the theme even more where Emergo stopped" really is a downright insult...

Do not know who wrote the readme (I have my idea on this :P ), but what I'm sure is this isn't a wise way to impress the judges :P ... I'm sure this wasn't an insult though...

Anyway, a very nice park (wich I can recognise who make what), nice job. Long live to RctMajesty. :D

#3 Levis

Levis

RCT Majesty Club Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:40 PM

sorry emergo :P .

when I wrote the read me I think I was a bit sleepy already.
China Charms was a very nice park and what I ment whit this was that this area tries to give the same feeling but in a other way.

at least that it how I understood it from the maker of that area....

thanks for the weekend getaway :) .

---

about the rides, some of them where closed because they only where there for theming.
I don't understand why the rides instantly crashed by you wagi, I tested the park after I saved it and they didn't crash here. I don't use the reliable patch so maybe there is something wrong with my version of rct2 or your version.
I have heard of occasions where all the rides instantly crashed in a park by using the reliable trainer or patch because of hacking errors in that park which let the trainer or patch crash,

Edited by Levis, 17 September 2006 - 08:42 PM.

#4 FK+coastermind

FK+coastermind

2 times RR RunnerUp Winner Valentines Contest 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Interests:Roller Coasters ofcourse, And Half Life 2. I LOVE that game

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:33 PM

congrats to all. this park was good jsut not GREAT. to get a weekend getaway is quite a feat. the park showed some great creativity just i felt it fell through in some areas. Levis i understand what you mean by some of the rides were there for decoration but for a VP one of the components is working, flat rides to counter your coasters. i felt that if i monitered the peeps most would be bored soon. there just wasnt enough. my favorite part of the park HAD to be the entrance. ultratycoon did a phenomanal job on the archy there and it blew my mind in places how creative he was. great job all. congrats.

FK+Coastermind

#5 Emergo

Emergo

April05 VP/05+06 Rd Rally Champ/Winner Cell Contest 2006

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:22 AM

First, Congrats! on the "Getaway"-win, guys!! :thumbs:

[quote]name='Levis' date='Sep 17 2006, 10:40 PM' post='282187']
sorry emergo :P .

when I wrote the read me I think I was a bit sleepy already.
China Charms was a very nice park and what I ment whit this was that this area tries to give the same feeling but in a other way.

at least that it how I understood it from the maker of that area....[/quote]

Don't worry too much, Levis....I guessed you had written the Readme, and I know English is not your mother-tongue... B)

To be honest I had to laugh about it also, for it is nice to hear that your work inspires others, but....ehmmm....it seemed not very much "explored" at all, and hardly any own creativity was added ...... a bit too much copying without really understanding what exactly was copied (like that completely function-less waterwheel.....LoL!)

Nevertheless the area absolutely had a nice look to it!

(Oh, and that waterfall in a corner, with some steps...., also reminded me so strongly of another park....hmmmmmm... oh yes!! "At Versicoloured Valleys".... :wait:

---

[quote]Levis: about the rides, some of them where closed because they only where there for theming.
I don't understand why the rides instantly crashed by you wagi, I tested the park after I saved it and they didn't crash here. I don't use the reliable patch so maybe there is something wrong with my version of rct2 or your version.
I have heard of occasions where all the rides instantly crashed in a park by using the reliable trainer or patch because of hacking errors in that park which let the trainer or patch crash,[/quote]

Must admit that, though not instantly, after a few minutes also in my game all rides where broken and kept doing so continuously.
And this is of course very personal, but now I am finally, finally used to seeing that most contest-parks are not peep-friendly, but if we now also start making rides "just for themeing".....??. Maybe we then better find a new name for the game... :lol:

Anyway, all in all the park was nice enough for a Weekend Getaway -see my comments in the first post -(entrance was very nice too, btw), so congrats again to RCT-Majesty, and also good to see the club finished it's first group-park.

Emergo

#6 Ultratycoon

Ultratycoon

4x Monthly Competion Winner / Former RCT Majesty Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts
  • Interests:ultimate frisbee, skateboarding, playing the flute, singing, poker, astronomy, ping pong, sand volleyball, physics
  • Coaster Uploads:8

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:43 AM

I had a few doubts about this park as well. I knew the overall theme wasn't too well defined. There were some sloppy parts and I know some of that was in my section, the entrance. I am glad RCT Majesty can say we gave RCTSpace its first weekend getaway. I know it was a personal victory for me, helping with the creation of the club's first full park and having it win something.

#7 ZeRoSkIlL

ZeRoSkIlL

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:7

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:48 PM

When did we finish this, guys? Geeze, has school taken up that much of my time? :P

#8 Levis

Levis

RCT Majesty Club Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:56 PM

When did we finish this, guys? Geeze, has school taken up that much of my time? :P

two days before the deathline :P .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users