We have a winner!

Attached File  thumb_59_atlasriversoasis.jpg   9.44KB   55 downloads

Atlas Rivers Oasis by Ultratycoon

DOWNLOAD

We have a runnerup!

Attached File  FebRR2006runnerup.jpg   145.41KB   39 downloads

Place des Martyrs by Coastercrzy

DOWNLOAD

Great job to both of you! Thanks to everyone who entered!

#2 Boomer

Boomer

Staff Writer

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3511 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:14 PM

Congratulations to both Ultratycoon and Coastercrazy for some excellent work (play). It still amazes me at the creativity and new slants/ideas that RCT2 park makers are still coming up with after all this time. I have downloaded both parks and will go through them in more detail when I get time, but the overviews look great, good job guys!

#3 CoasterCrzy

CoasterCrzy

RCT Majesty Club Member - Jan 06 RR Runnerup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:41 PM

Cool, runner-up! Great job Ultra, that looks awesome! I'll download it and check it out. :)

Edited by CoasterCrzy, 05 February 2006 - 06:53 PM.

#4 ekimmel

ekimmel

Jan 07 RR Winner, May 06 RR RunnerUp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:21 PM

I like coastercrzy's runner-up better.

#5 CoasterCrzy

CoasterCrzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:49 PM

I'd like to explain my park, as there wasn't a readme. Place des Martyrs is a real place in Adrar, Algeria. I loosely based the red mud building in the middle as Place des Martyrs, and the surrounding building are all fantasy. The rocks in the corners are based off wind-sculpted Saharan rock sculptures in the Adrar region. All the names for the rides and shops are Algerian.

#6 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:09 PM

This was a tough one to judge for me. I had narrowed it down to these two right away and looked at both of them each night. What it came down for me was skill level and creativity with Ultratycoon's entry. Also, I was disappointed that no peeps could get into CoasterCrzy's park :(

I loved the swinging bridge entry and it was fun watching the peeps walk that to get into Ultratycoon's park. I also liked the clever use of the 'required coaster', the reel, as a tree hopper people mover. The cave worms all over were creative too. Where I did have some trouble picking this as winner was that it wasn't what I had pictured in my mind as Algerian theming.

Coastercrzy's park, on the other hand, was noticeably Algerian themed. I did notice all the naming you did and I could see you did your research. It was a nice park although the archy in places was a bit blocky. The coaster in the mountain was good.

It was a tossup and I could have went either way. But, I stand by my decision and realize others may or may not agree with me.

Great job by both parkmakers!

#7 CoasterCrzy

CoasterCrzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:13 PM

Well I noticed this when I was half done with my park that the section where the entrance met the path was disconnected, and I couldn't reconnect it. :( That land bridge was really cool, that was my favorite part of Ultra's entry. :) How many other entries were there?

Edited by CoasterCrzy, 05 February 2006 - 10:14 PM.

#8 coastercrew

coastercrew

Coaster Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Skiing, swimming, soccer, hiking, biking.

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:21 PM

Ultratycoon and Coastercrzy, congratulations! These parks look real cool from a distance. Can't wait to see them up close. :blink:

#9 Ultratycoon

Ultratycoon

4x Monthly Competion Winner / Former RCT Majesty Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts
  • Interests:ultimate frisbee, skateboarding, playing the flute, singing, poker, astronomy, ping pong, sand volleyball, physics
  • Coaster Uploads:8

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:23 AM

Wow Coastercrzy, yours looks very good from a distance. Downloading now...

EDIT: I loved the theming of this park. It was definitely much better than mine in that sense. The building with the enterprize was my favorite and my second favorite was rctmickeymouse's bachelor pad. :lol: The landscaping I liked very much as well as the foliage that went with it. I wasn't quite as impressed with the architecture on some buildings but it wasn't bad. The wide paths gave it a very nice open feeling of a real park.

What I was basically trying to do with my park was to, obviously, create an oasis. I used the small shallow river and dry surrounding land to accent the "lush" oasis at the top. I actually had trouble puting in the dinghy slide because I built it after I had finished the rest of the park. I tried to give it a nice flowing layout without look forced. My favorite part of this whole park was the entrance bridge and I am very impressed with how it turned out.

I know I would have had a tough time deciding between these two parks if I was a judge and I hadn't made one.

Edited by Ultratycoon, 06 February 2006 - 12:54 AM.

#10 lucas92

lucas92

Sept 06 RR RunnerUp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Interests:Nintendo, music, drawing, girls
  • Coaster Uploads:10

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:55 AM

I really like both of your parks. I like the creativity that Ultra proud in his park and I like the building of coastercrzy. But I see that the coastercrzy park is able to take more details. Anyway, a Runner-up and a winner, it's the same thing for me. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users