15 replies to this topic

#1 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:15 AM

The 2005 Road Rally season has come to a close...and we have a WINNER and 2 RUNNERUPS!

Emergo is our Road Rally Champion!

Moscow Kremlin Medley

SixFrags came in a close second as our 1st RUNNERUP!

St. Petersburg Amusements

and last but not least....Tom_Dj is our 2nd RUNNERUP!

The Wolga River Resort & Amusement Park

All three excellent parks and congratulations to all three of you!

The 2006 Road Rally Season will kick off in mid-December, so be watching for that announcement!

#2 CoasterCrzy

CoasterCrzy

RCT Majesty Club Member - Jan 06 RR Runnerup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:36 AM

congrats Emergo, havent actually downloaded the park yet but im sure its great :D also congrats to the runner-ups ;)

#3 Six Frags

Six Frags

3X VP Winner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • Interests:Life!

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:46 AM

Wow, that was fast Becky..
Anyway, congrats to Emergo.. Although I'm not really into your style of building (fantasy) I do like the Russian atmosphere you put into the park.. The buildings all looked pretty Russian to me, and the naming was also pretty good.. The research you did is the best I've ever seen in any rct-park; The read-me contained all detailed information (including pictures) about your buildings and the dificulties you encountered in recreating them. Mayor props for that, as it is VERY time consuming.. It's something I did not have the time nor motivation for this time around..

Then Tom's entry.. What a surprise! It looked actually very nice and original (I like the idea of the Tjernobyl log-flume) and your architecture was also very detailed.. Sometimes you went a bit off with your landscaping here and there though, and the flyer was a tad slow at places.. All together it was a wonderful entry with a magnificent Kremlin and the best work I've seen from you to date!

Btw, did you all get the concept behind my entry? St. Petersburg was basically ripped off from the canals of Amsterdam.. It's just Islands that are connected to each other. That's why my entry is like that.. I did a bit of research, took some St. Petersburg's marks and incorporated them into my park.. I hope you like it..

SF

#4 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • 2515 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:54 AM

At first glance at the three parks...I thought omigod I need help judging these, they are all sooo good!

But....after exploring them in detail (last night) I fixated on emergo's because her park was more 'Russian' to me. Since that was the goal of the rally (besides the objectives of the log flume and flyer), I chose her for the win. I really did spend a LOT of time looking these parks over and I think all three of you did an amazing job!

Thank you so much for entering!

#5 Ultratycoon

Ultratycoon

4x Monthly Competion Winner / Former RCT Majesty Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts
  • Interests:ultimate frisbee, skateboarding, playing the flute, singing, poker, astronomy, ping pong, sand volleyball, physics
  • Coaster Uploads:8

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:10 AM

Wow, you certainly judged those quickly. Downloading right now...

#6 Kumba

Kumba

July 07 RR Winner-2007 RR Finals Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Interests:coasters, basketball and girls

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:30 AM

At first glance at the three parks...I thought omigod I need help judging these, they are all sooo good!

But....after exploring them in detail (last night) I fixated on emergo's because her park was more 'Russian' to me. Since that was the goal of the rally (besides the objectives of the log flume and flyer), I chose her for the win. I really did spend a LOT of time looking these parks over and I think all three of you did an amazing job!

Thank you so much for entering!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok so wait... Six Frags lost to a girl!? :woot: LMAO

And if I get the time i'll DL all the entrys, but no huge amounts of scenery you don't get around NE I hope?

#7 CoasterCrzy

CoasterCrzy

RCT Majesty Club Member - Jan 06 RR Runnerup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:32 AM

Ok so wait... Six Frags lost to a girl!? :woot: LMAO

ouch. thats kinda harsh kumba :P

ps go cubs! :lol:

pss how do i make my sig smaller?

Edit by Six Frags: I've fixed your 'quote' tags, and you can change your signature size with various image editing software like Adobe Photoshop or I think also with Microsoft Paint..

Edited by Six Frags, 02 December 2005 - 11:45 AM.

#8 Ultratycoon

Ultratycoon

4x Monthly Competion Winner / Former RCT Majesty Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts
  • Interests:ultimate frisbee, skateboarding, playing the flute, singing, poker, astronomy, ping pong, sand volleyball, physics
  • Coaster Uploads:8

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:54 PM

^ Like Six Frags said, use an image editing program. Microsoft paint (comes already installed with windows) is pretty close to the simplest program you can get. Very easy to use.

Comments on entries:
Emergo's park: Very beautiful, the buildings, the landscape, everything. The coaster layout wasn't the best but it wasn't bad. Not really anything bad that I saw with this park.

Six Frgas' park: The one thing that I though was bad was the amount of windows. It seemed that nearly every piece of wallspace had some kind of window on it. The park seemed kind of repetetive to me. The supports on the flying coaster were very well done though and the layout was pretty good. This park was my least favorite of the three. Sorry.

Tom_Dj's park: I thought this was one was very inetersting. I've never seen a hotel in such a small park. Very nice idea. The submarine was pretty cool too. The thing I don't like about this park is that there's a lot of empty spots. The log flume however was a very original idea.

#9 Tom_Dj

Tom_Dj

May 2005 Road Rally Winner / 2005 Road Rally Finals Runnerup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:dj'ing , soccer

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:40 PM

Congrats Emergo :)
I'm gonna ckeck the entries right now :)

@ Ultra : Because i haven't got very much time the last days that i've worked on it , so thats why there are some empty spots in the park :)

#10 Emergo

Emergo

April05 VP/05+06 Rd Rally Champ/Winner Cell Contest 2006

• Senior Staff
  • 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:43 PM

Yes, Becky, you were super-fast!!
great surprise the results are already here and... I won :D

Makes me very happy, especially as for my standards (I am a really slow builder)I had to build this one very fast, as in november I had hardly any time. But I liked the results, and am happy others like them too.
So thanks..

But I can imagine this was tough to judge, for the other 2 parks are really good and wonderfull too!.

Sixfrags: thanks for your appreciation and compliments.
I enjoyed your park also very much. In reality St. Petersburg does have some parts that remind one of Amsterdam and it certainly has a lot of large housing-buildings with many windows :D Also liked the neat layout, looked very organised.
I would not have chosen pink for Peter the Great, not that it misstood as a color, but the combination made me laugh.(which as such is a good quality in a park!) Still have to look up the meaning of the Russian words on the sign.

Tom DJ: another great park! very interesting buildings, original idea to do the submarine and the Tsjernobyl-log fume , and the green building (executed very nicely) must have been based on the St.Petersburg's Hermitage/winterpalace?
Liked that it was not flat and still had big buildings, and am amazed how many ways there are to create dome-like structures without having the most suitable building-pieces for it.

Ultra: Thanks. Am glad you enjoyed it.

:D Emergo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users