12 replies to this topic

#1 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:42 PM

Most everyone here on site has been on a vacation this summer but for the RCT world here, it's been a long, long time since we all got a vacation. RCT2.com is very excited to invite everyone to take an end of summer vacation to IMAGINARIA DISCOVERY BAY !

Our August VP Winner is by our own Wabigbear ! This park does require both expansion packs, Wacky Worlds and Time Twisters.

The staff judges this round were Sambo and Buckeye Becky. The member judges were dkimber , riven3d and Ultratycoon. Thanks to all the judges!

Unfortunately, since it was the end of summer and everyone was busy with school starting back up, there is no walkthrough. I'm sure someone out there will post their trip report once they get back from this fantastic vacation!

So come on! If you went to Imaginaria (courtesy of Wabigbear last year in August), you are gonna love Discovery Bay!

There are no runner-ups this month but I’m sure the other entrants will be releasing their parks soon on their own for you to enjoy.

There were no entries for the September VP, but if you get busy soon, you can send in those entries in September for October VP! The deadline is September 30. Send them to vp@rct2.com and be sure to put VP in the Subject line. Include in the email your forum name and what version of RCT the park is.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Posted Image

Edited by Buckeye Becky, 20 October 2006 - 02:45 AM.

#2 postit

postit

Rollercoaster Tycoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • Interests:coasters, sports, music, art.

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:08 AM

Whoa, it's like Deja Vu. 2 Augusts in a row.

Too bad I can't download. Congrats, Wagi.

#3 Camcorder22

Camcorder22

RCT Insanity Club Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:music, baseball, makin videos,

Posted 03 September 2005 - 02:00 AM

picked the wrong month

Good job the park loks awesome i saw it during construction but havent downloaded it yet.

#4 Ultratycoon

Ultratycoon

4x Monthly Competion Winner / Former RCT Majesty Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts
  • Interests:ultimate frisbee, skateboarding, playing the flute, singing, poker, astronomy, ping pong, sand volleyball, physics
  • Coaster Uploads:8

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, did anyone esle find it kind of cool that both his winning parks were in August? :rolleyes:

Great job Wagi, I really enjoyed judging this one. ;)

Edited by Ultratycoon, 03 September 2005 - 01:13 PM.

#5 X250

X250

ORCA Best Member : February 2005 VP Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2005 - 04:20 PM

Well done Wagi, finally someone can be bothered to finish a good park!

Unofrtunatly, i don't have either expansion packs. So i, and many others wont be able to see it. :( Good job from the screens however.

-X-

#6 Leonardofury

Leonardofury

September 2006 RR RunnerUp

• Leonardofury
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:49 PM

Congratulations Wagi! From the pictures this park looks great, it's nice to see one of my tracks in a VP winner too!

#7 Emergo

Emergo

April05 VP/05+06 Rd Rally Champ/Winner Cell Contest 2006

• Senior Staff
  • 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:03 PM

Congratulations Wagi!!! :D

I have followed this park while you had it in the making, and never had any doubt at all that it would win a VP. The final job looks even more beautiful than what you showed already. Great job!. It looks awesome. Certainly well deserved I think!

(if you have nothing else to do, you could start Imaginaria3, and I will be looking forward to August 2006 ! :D )

To Becky: are you sure your announcing date (August 19th) is right??? :unsure:

I have been looking for this announcement every day (knew Wagi had send in). Did I miss it and was it really just today in my "view new posts" ?? (and did the first reactions on this topic from others jut start today in stead of 19th/20th ?)
No it is not a very seriouss thing, but like this it just looks as if nobody took the little trouble to react till after a fortnight!

:D

#8 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • 2515 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 01:22 AM

To Becky: are you sure your announcing date (August 19th) is right??? :unsure:

I have been looking for this announcement every day (knew Wagi had send in). Did I miss it and was it really just today in my "view new posts" ?? (and did the first reactions on this topic  from others jut start today in stead of 19th/20th ?)
No it is not a very seriouss thing, but like this it just looks as if nobody took the little trouble to react till after a fortnight!

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: The actual announcement is on the front page of the site and here:

I have to start this topic in advance for a placeholder for the brochure. This link has to be coded into the brochure for the "Post your comments here".

and yes....we were late this month, sorry for that :">

#9 Emergo

Emergo

April05 VP/05+06 Rd Rally Champ/Winner Cell Contest 2006

• Senior Staff
  • 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:18 PM

^ Fine, clear to me.
Thanks for explaining. :D

I only read this topic, as it was first in my "new posts", and not the announcement; (why reading it double/twice?) But you are right, in the announcement the dates are correct.

No need to be sorry for being late this month: that can - and does- happen to us all now and then for good reasons (and for some others it just happens structurally-always, but in my experience that is certainly not your way), and you also timely announced that it would be late, so no problem, and no need to be sorry.

Thanks for all your work and commitment to RCT2.com (and to others) :D

#10 ride_exchanger

ride_exchanger

Park Owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Interests:RCT-Sports-Music-StarWars

Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:45 PM

Congrats Wagi! :D

I will have fun browsing this park with MY expacs :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users