marinersfan59

RCTspace Webmaster

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:58 PM

Getting Custom Music in RCT2
Website Version
NOTE: This tutorial requires the download of a program. It is free of charge, is free of spyware, adware and viruses, and is under 1 MB. It can be downloaded in Step 1.1

One of the most repeated questions on several forums is how to use custom music as ride music. This tutorial will answer that question and serve as a resource for future reference. This looks like it's long, but really should only take a few minutes. For this tutorial I'll be using the song 'Give it All' by Rise against for demostrational purposes.

Step 1: File Formats

In order for the music to work properly, it must be formatted as a WAV file with certain specifications. If the file you'd like to improt is not a WAV, but rather an MP3, the most popular format, continue with step 1. If your file is arleady WAV, then skip to step 2.

Step 1.1: Converting your file

You'll need to download a converter, and the best free program can be downloaded >>HERE<<.

Step 1.2: Converting your file (ctd.)

The Program will be located at: Start>All Programs>MP3 to WAV Decoder>MP3 to WAV Decoder
The interface of the program looks like this:
Posted Image

Step 1.2.1: Add the file to the list

Click the "Add" button, which is outlined in blue in the image above. Now Find the MP3 file that you'd like to convert, and click open. The file should now appear in the area highlighted in orange above. The program will give an estimation for the filesize on the bottom, but it's never correct, it's usually ~60% of the estimate.

Step 1.2.2: Check the file

Highlight the file to be converted, and click the "Preview" button (outlined in black above) to make sure you have the right file to convert.

Step 1.2.3: Select the destination

Click the "Output" button (outlined in red above) to select the directory where the file will be located after the conversion.

Step 1.2.4: Convert it!

Click the "Decode" button (outlined in green above). The area highlighted in yellow in the image above will act as a progress bar. At the bottom on the right it should say "Busy working on 'song title'" When it says "Done," close the program, you're done with it.

Edited by marinersfan59, 05 January 2006 - 01:29 AM.

#2 marinersfan59

marinersfan59

RCTspace Webmaster

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:58 PM

Step 2: File specifications

The program above will not make the WAV format to the specifications needed by RCT, infact very few programs ever will. You'll need to do another quick process to fix this.

Step 2.1.0: The program

Every Windows computer comes with the program 'Sound Recorder'. You'll need that for this step, and it's located at
Start>All Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder.

Step 2.1.1: Open the file

File>Open>'select your WAV file'
Click Open

DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THE FILE, NO RECORDING.

Step 2.1.2: Save the file

File>Save As>CUSTOM1
Highlighted in orange is what you'll need to change.
Posted Image
Click on the 'Change' button, and a new box will show up.

Step 2.1.3: Specifications
Do not do anything with the 'Name:' field.
In the 'Format:' field, make sure it's "PCM"
In the 'Attributes' feld, make sure it's "22.050 kHz, 8 Bit, Mono"*
Posted Image
*Most people have success with the above specs, but in the Custom.TXT file that comes with RCT2, it says the specs should be "PCM format, 22,050Hz,
16bit, Stereo" so if you have problems with tempo or pitch, try using this format.

Step 2.1.4: Save it

The file should be saved in the RCT2 Directory in the "Data" folder (NOT OBJDATA) as CUSTOM1.WAV or CUSTOM2.WAV

#3 marinersfan59

marinersfan59

RCTspace Webmaster

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:59 PM

Step 3: In Game

After you're all done with the file formatting, you'll have to select it in the game.
Posted Image

NOW YOU'RE DONE!!!

#4 j_o_e_y__

j_o_e_y__

Coaster Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:04 AM

thats awesome.. but how many can u add? because i got lotsa songs i could use in the game such as

Epcot Open/CLose music
Main street Electric Music
Riddlers Revenger Music
Deja Vu Theme
Batman Theme
Batman Begins Theme
Soarin' Over California Queue Music
Tower of Terror Music
Its a small world Queue Music
Peter Pan Queue Music
Superman Theme..
Fantasmic!
Six Flags Theme Song
Lion king... etc.

plus all MY music like regular stuff

Edited by j_o_e_y__, 26 June 2005 - 04:38 AM.

#5 marinersfan59

marinersfan59

RCTspace Webmaster

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:44 PM

sorry for the delay in my answer, i was on vacation in Alaska/Vancouver...

you're allowed to have 2 custom music files, but there's a reason that people don't use them often, because they are large files and it's rare to find a place that can host your zip file including the music file and park. I'd recommend one at most.

#6 j_o_e_y__

j_o_e_y__

Coaster Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:32 AM

thanx for the info. :D

#7 Anonymous

Anonymous

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:05 AM

Question. Uhh, is it possible to add in more then 2? I know this has probably been asked, but if it has, why can we only have two?

#8 JV7

JV7

Coaster Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

Here's a copy of Wolfman's tutorial:

Audio Files 2 - Cross Reference List for RCT 2, What Are The Song Files Named, and The Songs They Are

Sure, you go and open the Data file and there are a lot of music files there. But they're all named cssxx (xx represents an unknown number.) So how do you figure out which file is what? Well, you could try and remove each file and play the game and figure it out when a song is missing. OR you can review this list and find out for sure. The Carousel has a number of files, and somehow, those get played one after another. So if you want a "Juke-Box" of different songs, you could rename audio files to the file names that the caroucel uses. It's unknown to me how this is accomplished.

File Name/-/Song List Name
css1-Unknown-Static
css2-crowd banter
css3-Dodgem Beat
css4-Carousel Track 1
css5-Carousel Track 2

css6-Carousel Track 3
css7-Carousel Track 4
css8-Carousel Track 5
css9-Carousel Track 6
css10-No Audio

css11-Carousel Track 6
css12-Carousel Track 7
css13-Carousel Track 8
css14-Carousel Track 9
css15-Carousel Track 10

css16-No Audio
css17-Carousel Track 11
css18-Roman Fanfare
css19-Oriental Style
css20-Martian Style

css21-Jungle Drums Style
css22-Egyptian Style
css23-Toyland Style
css24-Circus Show
css25-Space Style

css26-Horror Style
css27-Techno Style
css28-Gentle Style
css29-Summer Style
css30-Water Style

css31-Wild West Style
css32-Jurassic Style
css33-Rock Style (1)
css34-Ragtime Style
css35-Fantasy Style

css36-Rock Style 2
css37-Ice Style
css38-Snow Style
css39-Medieval
css40-Urban Style

css41-Organ Style
css42-Mechanical Style
css43-Modern Style
css44-Pirate Style
css45-Rock Style 3

css46-Candy Style

If you rename the file you want to use to cssxx (xx substituted for the css file number,) you can actually go and rename that file to the name of the song, and import a new file and give it the original cssxx name. But it will be represented in the song list as the original song name.

For example:
Let's just say that you simply can't stand "Summer Style", (css29). So you want to replace that song with some other song that suits your taste for a cirtain attraction you want to have cirtain music for. So open the data folder and rename css29 to "SmrStl29", then rename the music file you want to use: "css29". The song list in the game will still list :Summer Style" but it'll really be the song you just imported.

So you could very well end up with Meatloaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" and have to select "Toyland Style" to get it to play.

The renamed file will be ignored by the game. But since you included the number 29 in it, you can always figure out which file was imported/substituted to take it's place.

Like I said, this was done by Wolfman and you can visit him at RCT Revalutions.

#9 Loserface300

Loserface300

HMS Sawyer Co-Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

ok, agin, can you use morwe than two?

#10 K0NG

K0NG

Park Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

No. The game only allows two. Don't ask me WHY, I don't know the specifics....
I just know that two is the max.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users