37 replies to this topic

#1 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:45 PM

It’s been kinda slow on the RCT2 Park Production Front…but we finally all get to take a VACATION! Our April VP Winner is Utrecht Dwaze Domstad by Emergo!

The staff judges this round were Sambo and rwadams. Our previous VP winner, X250 judged all the parks but not this park since he did not have the WW expansion, I judged this park for him. The member judges were cousinit and rct247. Thanks to all those who judged!

Boomer was begging Sambo to send him on a vacation since he needed one after that crazy demented road trip he took, and quite frankly the rest of the site staff was secretly hoping Boomer was going to be away from the staff room for awhile…he needed a vacation to recuperate from his vacation!!! We all need some rest sometime too! So Sambo handed him a brochure, a credit card and a plane ticket and off Boomer went!

There are no runner-ups this month but I’m sure the other entrants will be releasing their parks soon on their own for you to enjoy.

So, what are you waiting for??? Let’s all check out this place called Utrecht Dwaze Domstad!

Thanks to all those who entered this round of VP. Get busy everyone and send in those entries for next month’s round of VP! The deadline is April 30. Send them to vp@rct2.com and be sure to put VP in the Subject line. Include in the email your forum name and what version of RCT the park is.

Don’t forget the Nutz ‘n’ Boltz contest for those of you playing RCT3. You can check out this month’s challenge HERE and those entries are also due by April 30. Send them to vp@rct2.com and be sure to put Nutz ‘n’ Boltz in the Subject line. Include your forum name in the email and if you have a video of your ride, send that too!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Posted Image

Edited by Buckeye Becky, 20 October 2006 - 08:22 PM.

#2 Mama Bear

Mama Bear

November 03 & May 07 VP Winner

• Senior Staff
  • 3168 posts
  • Interests:RCT,ZT, pc-adventure games and quests, Warhammer, reading(especially fantasy), painting, music (from classical music up to heavy metal), art, nature

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:35 AM

Gefeliciteerd(congratulations) Emergo!!

A wonderfull park looking at the screenshots (I don't own WW!) and for a "Dutchy" myself, I can say I did recognize some of the locations even though I haven't been to Utrecht that often! You really did an excellent job especially since this is your first park!!! Hats off! (Petje af!)
One note though: It says that Theo van Gogh has got nothing to do with Vincent van Gogh, but that is not true! Theo is a direct relative of Vincent's brother Theo! (thats why he is called Theo in the first place, I take it) I know because Theo van Gogh was in the same year at our highschool as my brother!

Great walkthrough, Boomer!

Mama Bear

#3 Ultratycoon

Ultratycoon

4x Monthly Competion Winner / Former RCT Majesty Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts
  • Interests:ultimate frisbee, skateboarding, playing the flute, singing, poker, astronomy, ping pong, sand volleyball, physics
  • Coaster Uploads:8

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:56 AM

Wow, I've never seen so many dueling coasters in a single park before. From the screenshots I could tell that you put a lot of effort into your architecture. I really liked how you made the buildings in the Egyptian area of the park. I think this is the first time I've seen an Egyptian themed area with white buildings. Most times park makers tend to use sand colored castle walls and building blocks to create that theme. Very original.

I only wish I had wacky world's so I could download the park. :(

#4 rct247

rct247

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:09 AM

It was a pleasure to judge. Congrats! I loved that park!

I would also like to thank all the other entries. Your parks were very nice as well.

Great job everyone.

#5 skyvanman

skyvanman

Best Newcomer - ORCA: RCT2.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:10

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:48 AM

Looks great though it says no custom scenery is used but when I look at one of the screens I see some that I am sure is custom scenery (the 1/4th tall block with the indent that is in the shape of a church window is one). Anyways I will be downloading this park and would like to congratulate you on such a great park, especially a great park for a first try. Great job!

#6 croney

croney

Rollercoaster Tycoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1216 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, football, computor!

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:02 AM

Congrats mate!
If only i had ww installed....

#7 Red_Ant_Skittles

Red_Ant_Skittles

Park Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:RCT, Rap, The Sims, and Basketball

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:22 AM

Congrats man!
The park looks very nice from the screens.
Judging from the screens i looks like you have some classic-oldschool-RCT1 duelers n coasters.
I wish i could dL the park but if i install WW i have some serious lag with my Half-Life 2 n Doom 3.

R.A.S.

#8 Emergo

Emergo

April05 VP/05+06 Rd Rally Champ/Winner Cell Contest 2006

• Senior Staff
  • 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:58 PM

Thanks all for your congratulations and comments. Have not yet seen the brochure myself, am just logged in and am rather surprised and really proud I won. :D

After I had sent in I thought it maybe was a bit over-daring to send in such a first park. I really thought (and think) it is a nice park, when I compared it to some parks I had downloaded here and there from the internet (of which some were far nicer than mine), but after all I had not seen so many things at all and there were lots of things I did not know yet when I made the park. I just became a member of RCT2.com, first site in my life I ever registered to! because that was required if I wanted to sent in.( BTW I don't regret that: In this last weeks I learned a lot from the site and I really enjoy it to follow others in their work and thoughts and to comment where I think it can be helpful. But it is time-consuming!)

Anyway, thanks to the judges for appreciating it, hope others can have fun with it too.
Comments and questions are always welcome. (in the dowload of the park is an extensive brochure with explanations and translations)

To Mama Bear:
pity you don't have WW, I would love you to see it (and all the others that do not have WW.) Am still figuring out how to de-install WW and make parks (well, one a year or so, don't have that much time) without that expansion and without losing current work.
Thanks for the addition about Theo van Gogh. I read that in NRC - newspaper- just after I had sent in the park.(but knowing it because of a brother in same high school is nicer!)

To Skyvanman:
You are quite right, there are custom objects used. Only by the time I sent in I was still such a nitwit in RCT2-terms that I thought by 'custom scenery' it was meant that you had made your own scenery, which is not the case. The scenerery I used came by imported games and I am still grateful to everyone who made this scenery that boosted my building-pleasure such a lot!
So sorry that this may be misleading people.

To. .... (sorry, cannot see anymore who said this, last time I tried to view back I lost my mail): you are right, In my idea I spent ages of time on the buildings, to get them at least a bit like I wanted them. And in the beginning I had not even discovered 8 cars (thanks so much to the maker of that one! Is not it Jazz?), so till then I thought I would never be able to control this game a tiny little bit.

Now I cannot wait to read what Boomer has written about my park, hope he had a relaxing vacation there.

Thanks again to all the ones who gave their time to examine my park, and thanks for the -for me- favourable judging, You made my day!! :rolleyes:

#9 Todd Lee

Todd Lee

May 2007 V.P. Winner

• Senior Staff
  • 3448 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:15 PM

I just cruised through the brochure, very nicely done by the way! All that writing is extremely time consuming, so thanks to all those involved with the brochure!

This park is simply beautiful! It has such a neat/clean feel to it, I can't wait to download it to view it in its entirety!

Very nice job Emergo! :D

#10 Emergo

Emergo

April05 VP/05+06 Rd Rally Champ/Winner Cell Contest 2006

• Senior Staff
  • 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:30 PM

Thanks, Todd Lee.

To Boomer:
with a bit of delay I have just read the brochure you made about my park. Thanks a lot. As Todd already said, this must be time-consuming work!.
I really enjoyed it very, very much. Of course it flatters my work, but I think you truly succeeded in bringing over the atmosphere of the park that I tried to create in it. That may say something about my park, but it certainly says something about your capabilities to represent that in writing.!
And you made me aware of something I had not really noticed before: I like to make the whole map more like a town/village/landscape in which there are rides and coasters to visit, but with many hidden entrances and rides, then I like it to make a clearly 'amusement park' with a big entrance etc. I think I love to put the surroundings in the foregrounds, and try to integrate the other things into it (which I still cannot do as much as I would love to do, while I also do not want to put everything just underground, and while I still want to keep it peep-friendly).
Thanks for this eye-opener.
After you mentioned it, I concluded that I did this in the park I experimented with to get acqaintanced with the game, I did it in this 'Utrecht, Dwaze Domstad', and I'm doing it in the park I am now working on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users