marinersfan59

RCTspace Webmaster

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:16 PM

Ride Stations WITHOUT Entrance and Exit Buildings
Website Version

This is an easy 5 step hack in order to get rid of the station entrances and exits, while keeping the roller coaster operable. This is most useful on other hacked flat rides (like giant frisbees), but can be used for other coasters. This does not get rid of the entrance and exit, but lowers them to the bottom of the map.

You'll need:

Son of Beast Trainer
-=-Link to download-=-

Step 1: Setting it up

Build your coaster layout including the station, but not the entrance and exit building. Queue lines should also be put in at this step, but are not shown in this tutorial. Below is a screen of what I mean on an extremely basic layout.
Posted Image

Step 2: Starting the hack

In the SoB trainer, go to the following in the menu (also illustrated below);
Landscape>Begin Special Build mode
Posted Image

Step 3: Placing the entrance and exit points

Back in game, after you started the special build mode, place the entrance and exit just like normal. They will not be gone yet, so don't worry
Posted Image

Step 4: Disappearing Act

In the SoB trainer, go to the following in the menu (also illustrated below);
Landscape>Execute Special Build mode>Execute Sink Scenery
Posted Image

Step 5: Finishing the trick

Still in the SoB trainer, it is extremely vital that you do this step. (also illustrated below);
Landscape>End Special Build Mode
Posted Image

When finished, the station platform will still be there, and the entrance and exit will appear to be invisible. The queue lines and exit path will still appear as normal, but unfortunatly usually don't work all the time. Here are two screens of the final appearance in game:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Very important question and answer related to peeps and mech's abilities to use the rides like normal: Here

An example of using this tutorial in combination with another to get a great result: Here

Tutorial written by marinersfan59 for the RCT2.com Tutorial Team.

Please post questions and/or comments in this topic. I'll be as quick as possible when responding to questions and comments here.

Edited by marinersfan59, 05 January 2006 - 01:27 AM.

#2 bernts_matte

bernts_matte

Coaster Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Rct 2

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:53 PM

wow good!

#3 Marshy

Marshy

da doing doing.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2948 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:15 PM

Good Job.

#4 Ultratycoon

Ultratycoon

4x Monthly Competion Winner / Former RCT Majesty Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts
  • Interests:ultimate frisbee, skateboarding, playing the flute, singing, poker, astronomy, ping pong, sand volleyball, physics
  • Coaster Uploads:8

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:30 PM

I've seen this hack used in a park somewhere. I can't remember which one but I know that the park also had a ton of other ride hacks too.

#5 marinersfan59

marinersfan59

RCTspace Webmaster

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:46 PM

Thank you bernts_matte and Marshy.

Ultratycoon - I might know which park you were talking about...

my park - rct olympics gold medalist - Cypress Springs Thrill Park - -=-Link-=-
-or-
OCF/Richie - H2H3 - Paradise Island - -=-Link-=-

Keep those comments/questions coming

Edited 8-7-05 for updated links

Edited by marinersfan59, 11 April 2006 - 05:42 AM.

#6 skyvanman

skyvanman

Best Newcomer - ORCA: RCT2.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:10

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:33 AM

I am wondering if SOB trainer works with the Triple Thrill Pack. I tried 8 cars and it froze the whole computer when I tried to make anything invisible. I don't want to have to do that again if someone already knows that SOB doesnt work for Triple Thrill Pack. Anyways I really hope it does work so I can use this great tutorial.

#7 marinersfan59

marinersfan59

RCTspace Webmaster

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:50 PM

I don't have the triple thrill pack, but I do have all expansions, not installed (WW makes my crap comp slow, and doesn't work on my new comp, and TT is even worse than WW).

I would guess that the SOB trainer works in TTP. The reason your 8 cars could have messed up your computer could be within the 8 cars itself. You might want to try this version:

http://www.rctd.ft6....s/8cars1302.zip

I would wait for others' responses to the question before trying it out yourself though.

#8 Top Gun

Top Gun

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:29 PM

After the hack to you have to buld the path underground?(even if you attach it during the hack)

I am wondering if SOB trainer works with the Triple Thrill Pack.

Yes, it does :) , thats what I have. But I also have 8cars and it works for me.

Edited by Top Gun, 19 April 2005 - 09:32 PM.

#9 skyvanman

skyvanman

Best Newcomer - ORCA: RCT2.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:10

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:33 PM

Okay, I will have to update my 8cars then. Thanks for answering my question quickly.

#10 RCTNW

RCTNW

Attempting to lose my RCT mind!!!!!!!

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3945 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:37 AM

Can peeps still ride the ride and will mechanics still fix the rides?

I have always wanted to do this and now I can. Thanks!

Answer: Yes and No... let me explain.
I've had successes and failures with each and every try. I honestly do not know why it's only peep accessible sometimes. Here's what I do know for sure:

Entrances
Build a queue line before Special Build mode is begun to where the entrance to the station would be (same level as station, 1 square away). Enable Special Build Mode. Build the station entrance building (while in Special Build Mode) after the above ground queue is complete. Finish the hack as listed above. After the hack is visibly complete, build a small network of footpaths that goes underground, and has a queue to where the entrance is currently located.

There will be no entrance banner above the queue line. Non-queueing people will walk on the new queue like a regular path, but people can still form a line on these paths. The undeground path is the only way that the people will be able to access the ride.

Exits
Exits work differently than entrances. Build the exit path from station level before beginning special build mode. After done with that, go to speical build mode, and do the hack as listed above. People will exit through these paths, and mechanics usually will fix rides from this path. I do not know exactly why it works like this either.

Long story short, it's not a sure thing that the peeps will ride the rides like this or that mechs can fix them. From my research that I've done since RCTNW asked this question, I've figured that preceding the steps above will help to maximize the ability for these rides to function as normal. If you know something that I have not covered here, please post it. Any comments or further questions on this topic are encouraged, and hopefully through a discussion, we can learn more about fixing this.

Lastly, sorry for making you read all of this, I know it was long.

Edited by marinersfan59, 21 April 2005 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users