marinersfan59

RCTspace Webmaster

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:26 AM

Entrances
Website Version

Entrances; the gateway to every park. An entrance should show what your park is about. This can sometimes take the longest time to build correctly, but when you're happy with it, it's a great feeling.

As I said above, make sure that it truely represents your park. It would be odd to see a jurassic-themed park with a candyland entrance.

Consider all of the things that are seen at real entrance gates (Ticket booths/sales, Guest Services buildings, The actual entrance to the park...). This is where seeing real entrances pays off.

What's just inside the park is as important as what makes up the entrance. This should also be created as nicely and either in the same theme as the entrance, or in a general theme. Many real parks use fountains for this purpose.

In my opinion if you cant find an entrance to suit your needs the gated one is the best generic one and looks much better than the default building one.

Remember that Park Entrances are the first thing a guest sees and as such give them an important first impression of the park. As such they are usually grand and impressive.

Make multiple entrance paths. This is how most parks are made in real life and in the game they look so much better than single paths. They also give you more space to work with in the areas directly in front and behind your entrance gates, giving your park a more open-air feeling.

1. Download a park 2. Open park 3. Scroll to entrance.

Actually that's the best way to learn, just make sure you're looking at high quality parks not one that's been slapped together in a few days (although I have seen some good parks built extremely fast).

Well, if he were to download a park, he would most likely download one that has gotten some special attention, and therefore it would be a good park. It's hard to find bad parks, if you think about it. Because if someone is not very good, they'll probably give up before finishing. So, to top that, no parks are "bad". There are some fantastic ideas and stuff in parks made by newer parkmakers, and aren't recognized because the rest of the park is cliched, or something.

--in rct3 to make the enterance more sophisticated add trees on either side of a SINGLE path this way the trees cover the top of the path giving people the mocking claustrapahobic feel! ((¯`·._.·[WïzÅ®Ð_MÄñ_ÐÅÑ]·._.·´¯)) For some reason this one won't work in quotes.

More tips to come. If you would like to have some of your tips published in this tutorial, make a post below. You'll get proper credit for each tip given. Questions and comments are also welcome in this topic.

Edited by marinersfan59, 05 January 2006 - 01:34 AM.

#2 rctdude16

rctdude16

RCT Insanity Club Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:39 AM

any examples?

Edit (Answer): Hopefully some will come soon, but I'll be out of town almost the whole month of June, so I'll see what I can do.

Edited by marinersfan59, 01 June 2005 - 11:57 PM.

#3 ZeRoSkIlL

ZeRoSkIlL

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:7

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:02 AM

ZERO TO THE RESCUE!!! In the meantime check out this nifty tutorial my good buddy UltraTycoon and his club whipped up!

http://majesty.joedo...m/tutorial1.htm

#4 postit

postit

Rollercoaster Tycoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • Interests:coasters, sports, music, art.

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:05 AM

Tell your friend to change the file types to something reasonable.

#5 Ultratycoon

Ultratycoon

4x Monthly Competion Winner / Former RCT Majesty Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts
  • Interests:ultimate frisbee, skateboarding, playing the flute, singing, poker, astronomy, ping pong, sand volleyball, physics
  • Coaster Uploads:8

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:27 AM

^ That would be me. Yeah I just forgot to convert them to jpg files. Sorry. :(

I'll change them soon.

Edited by Ultratycoon, 13 July 2005 - 01:28 AM.

#6 rctdude16

rctdude16

RCT Insanity Club Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:32 PM

when eer i make somthing as good as that it still looks like S%&@

#7 Ultratycoon

Ultratycoon

4x Monthly Competion Winner / Former RCT Majesty Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts
  • Interests:ultimate frisbee, skateboarding, playing the flute, singing, poker, astronomy, ping pong, sand volleyball, physics
  • Coaster Uploads:8

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:56 PM

^ Well we always tend to be more critical of our own work than of somebody elses.
Did you read the words or just look at the pictures? ;)

#8 rctdude16

rctdude16

RCT Insanity Club Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:25 PM

^ Well we always tend to be more critical of our own work than of somebody elses.
Did you read the words or just look at the pictures? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i read and look whenever i try to make a entrance i f'up whenever i make a small entrance it looks akward with the park whenever i make a lagre or mid size entrance it looks to blocky

Edited by rctdude16, 19 July 2005 - 11:27 PM.

#9 rctdude16

rctdude16

RCT Insanity Club Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:47 PM

here:
http://www.rctd.ft6.com/uploads/SP.bmp
i used various entrances that where already made and mixed it up with some other scenery i want to make a bigger but i hope this doesnt show to much of my secrect park

#10 rctdude16

rctdude16

RCT Insanity Club Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 04:56 AM

any one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users