27 replies to this topic

#1 Buckeye Becky

Buckeye Becky

Time Twisting Tycoon

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 11:29 PM

We have a GREAT VP Park to round out 2004! Our December VP Winner is South Beach Amusement Park by rwadams!

The staff judges this round were Todd Lee and Metropole. Metropole also wrote the walkthrough since everyone else was either out of town or too busy. Thanks to Metropole for saving the day and doing such a fine job!

SixFrags judged as the previous VP winner and the member judges were Mindbender5 and CedarPoint6. Thanks everyone for judging! This park is such a treat; the judges were thanking ME for letting them judge!

There are no runner-ups chosen for this month but I’m sure the other entrants will be releasing their parks soon on their own for you to enjoy.

So, what are you waiting for???

Baby…It’s cold outside….let’s all head down south to South Beach Amusement Park and start the holidays off right!

Thanks to all those who entered this round of VP. Get busy everyone and send in those entries for next month’s round of VP! The deadline is fast approaching. Send them to vp@rct2.com

Posted Image

Edited by Buckeye Becky, 20 October 2006 - 02:42 AM.

#2 RCTNW

RCTNW

Attempting to lose my RCT mind!!!!!!!

• Senior Staff
  • 3945 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2004 - 02:35 AM

Let me be one of the first to say that this is classic rwadams and in my opinion, his best RCT2 work (even better that Nascar).

Congrats rog. I look forward to seeing more from you!

James

#3 skyvanman

skyvanman

Best Newcomer - ORCA: RCT2.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Coaster Uploads:10

Posted 21 December 2004 - 02:49 AM

Congrats rwadams this is a great park, i just downloaded it.

#4 Christian Benvenuto

Christian Benvenuto

RCT Insanity Club Co-Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 03:19 AM

I'll Post my TR soon enough....
:ermm:
Chris

#5 Brent0s

Brent0s

Coaster Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Girls, girls, and... girls.

Posted 21 December 2004 - 03:58 AM

RW! The man, the myth, the legend... awesome to see this finally released. I was just thinking about this and your other work the other day, quite a nice early x-mas surprise, lol. Surely will try to write something up about this, haven't done anything like that in a bit, and i'm home sick so it'd be perfect. Oh, and congrats!

#6 Christian Benvenuto

Christian Benvenuto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 05:38 AM

:) Part 1: The Trip..... :)

The Date: January 7th-12th

It was a cold but bright day in downtown Royal Oak... schools were back in session and high school student were bored once again. But I I! Was going to be to experince my first visit to South Beach AP with my brother after he got a healthy recovery from surgery. We packed 5 days worth of clothes and headed to Detroit Metropolitan Airport. We got our tickets and waited a healthy hour delay for our flight, finally we heard Delta Airlines Flight 505 was boarding. We had a "healthy" breakfast of Burger King... MMM.. Double Croissanwich! :puke: not really a good choice of breakfast, but we had to leave home at 5:45AM and that or besides Mcdonalds were open. My Bro and me got our seats and we took off, We asked for some blankets and pillows and fell asleep. We awoke to hear the pilot say: "We will be unboarding passengers, Thank you for riding flight 505 and enjoy your stay in Miami*" We unboarded the plane all drowsy and headed to the Enterprise Car rental. Wow, A Chrysler Sebring... Fancy. Dave started the car and we headed to the park's Hilton Hotel and parked. We walked into the hotel with our bags and suitcases and a porter started to roll our luggage to our room. We checked in and the hotel checker said "Your room is on the 4th Floor, enjoy your stay." We headed to our room and walked in, I checked out the balcony, Beatiful. I saw rides beginning their test runs and the park lights turning on. I felt really sad that we have to leave in 4 days :(. Well, I thought, brighten up and enjoy every day of it.
Part 2 is next....

* rwadams? were is this park located? in Florida because that's were I put my flight.

Edited by Christian Benvenuto, 21 December 2004 - 05:39 AM.

#7 Christian Benvenuto

Christian Benvenuto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:02 AM

Part 2 : The Experince of a lifetime begins..... :) :woot: :woot:

I heard Dave say, "Time to ride some rides Chris" I turned around into the room. We headed into the elevator and saw with us another Brother-Brother pair with us in the elevator along with a family of a Mom,Dad and 2 boys and 2 girls. All 8 of us were heading to the park. I found out from asking, the first floor light lit up and we got off the elevator. We walked to the park and waited 20 minutes for it to open. One word, CHAOS! as soon as the gates open, guests run and fly in every direction! I laughed to see people running into trees by mistake because of their need to ride so badly. Well,well we headed to our first coaster, Glade Runner, We had to wait a good 30 minutes to get on this beast. I was shocked at it's extreme smootheness. We got the 5th row, but wow it was amazing. We got off and headed to the Comet. We were shocked to see this had a loop. We headed to the ride line and had to wait 45-50 minutes. We got in the station and sat down in the last row. We were impressed at this peice of work. It rocked!
Tomorrow... Part 3: Day 1 Part 2

#8 Todd Lee

Todd Lee

May 2007 V.P. Winner

• Senior Staff
  • 3448 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:25 AM

This park was a pleasure to judge indeed! I would definately agree that this is Rog's finest work to-date. Very deserving of the win!

Congrats Rog!

#9 X250

X250

ORCA Best Member : February 2005 VP Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:51 AM

I really enjoyed this park, the architecture is fabulous and i have never seen the seaside theme come across so strongly before. The hotel is amazing, i really must know how you build buildings that high up! Do you have a huge monitor or something?!

Anyway, congrats on the VP- and thanks for the excellant park! :)

-X-

#10 CedarPoint6

CedarPoint6

ORCA Most Hard-Working Member : November 2004 VP RunnerUp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:Coasters, RCT2, Architecture, K-nex

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:31 PM

This was just a fantastic park to have the pleasure of judging. As X said, the architecture was absolutely amazing and the midway looked stunning. Congratulations on an amazing park.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users