RCTspace Webmaster

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 02:29 AM

Hacking a realistic Deja-Vu type ride.
by marinersfan59
Website Version

There are many restrictions on the type of ride commonly used to make this ride. In order to get it to look better, there is a hack that can be done.
THIS HACK USES THE 8 CARS TRAINER CREATED BY JA227

Step 1: The set-up
Make your "inverted vertical shuttle coaster" in the track design like the one below (left). The track section with the station should be going towards the cobra loop, and the 2nd tower should go away from it.
When this is complete, using the "inverted roller coaster," make the track like the YELLOW one below (minimum height=5 ft.). This track should be going the same way as the "inv. vert. shuttle coaster" track, and it should flow into the other piece in the correct direction as well.

Posted Image Posted Image

Step 2: Hack #1
Paint the pieces of track highlighted below into "alternative color #1", using a different color than the main color (left picture). Raise these pieces up 6 units (8 cars trainer). Build backwards 1 piece (make sure it's the same shape as the one on the corresponding track). It should look like the image below (right).

Posted Image Posted Image

Step 3: Hack #2
Before lowering the track that was just edited back to its original position, paint the pieces that your new track is hovering over into "alternative color #2". Make sure that this is different than the main color and Alt color #1. Lower the pieces from "alt. color #1" back to their original places. Raise the pieces from "alt color #2" 6 units (look below). Build FORWARD 1 track piece. Recolor the new track piece into "alt color #2."

Posted Image

Step 4: Finishing the merges.
Lower the [alt color #2] pieces back to their original position. The hacks for the special elements are now complete, but the train won't have enough speed to make it through the whole ride.

Posted Image

Step 5: The last hack
In order to make it through the whole ride, the train will need more speed. The best way to do this is with "any height construction" (Rides > Any Height Construction). Make sure that the BOTH TOWERS go at least 150 ft. high (or 45m). Look below for the final appearance of the ride.

Posted Image

YOU ARE NOW DONE WITH THIS HACK. Recolor to your needs, and enjoy using this in parks.

If you have any questions or tips, please don't hesitate to post them in this topic.

Special thanks to:
ja227 (8 cars trainer creator)

Edited by marinersfan59, 05 January 2006 - 01:26 AM.

#2 Bubby826

Bubby826

Park Manager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:No, limit is too small.

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:09 AM

Rock'n Dude! Awesome. Do the ratings still read correctly if you use this hack?

#3 postit

postit

Rollercoaster Tycoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • Interests:coasters, sports, music, art.

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:36 AM

Awesome tutorial, I might have to try this one. Great job, very helpful.

#4 marinersfan59

marinersfan59

RCTspace Webmaster

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:29 PM

Bubby - yes they do still work normally.
Glad you both liked it, this is one of the easy ones to do.

#5 RCT_Master

RCT_Master

Park Owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:E-Mail - Coreyfonseca@cs.com

Posted 07 October 2004 - 07:00 PM

This is great! It worked fine for me. I'm gonna put this to some good use. Thanks for sharing!

#6 jonathan h

jonathan h

Wacky Worlds Tycoon

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1514 posts
  • Interests:RCT2, Theme Parks, Rollercoasters, music...

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:14 PM

Excellent! love it, keep these hacks coming!

#7 Kumba

Kumba

July 07 RR Winner-2007 RR Finals Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Interests:coasters, basketball and girls

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2004 - 12:03 PM

Nice Tutorial, I love 8Cars but mergeing with it takes to long, I can merge a coaster with the SoB trainer in about 2 clicks, with that one first you zero clerance, build the track the coaster with onto backwards into the main track then zero clerance again and build foward (in the direction you want the coaster to go).

#8 EastCoastn07

EastCoastn07

Park Guest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:16 AM

I tried this hack, but it failed...The train flew of the track before the cobra roll...It's weird because I did everything right...I'll have to try it again to see if it'll work right next time.

#9 marinersfan59

marinersfan59

RCTspace Webmaster

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:27 PM

^ You must have done something wrong with the merge. Before you put the train on the tracks, try right clicking on the station (build mode) and use the arrows to take the path that the train would take in order to make sure that it'll work. If it stops, then the merge is messed up.

Your problem may be:

- You didn't make the first straight upward track from the inverted vertical shuttle track (for some reason that messes it up sometimes).

- You didn't cover both parts of the hack. It needs to be done in both directions

- You built in the wrong direction. build the inverted RC track in the same direction as the inverted vert. shuttle RC track.

#10 RJM

RJM

Coaster Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Too many

Posted 03 January 2005 - 08:06 PM

I'll be trying this sometime, Maybe in the park im doing at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users