wabigbear

August 2004/2005 VP Winner

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4987 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:54 PM

Posted Image

This year we're happy to announce our RCTspace Staff Park...with a twist! For the very first time this annual release is done using RCT3. Why the change? Well, we had originally planned to do two parks - one in RCT2, and then a second park in RCT3. Circumstances beyond anyone's control in real life interferred with our plans, in fact we came close to cancelling this years release altogether. Then the first week of November Sambo expressed an interest in still trying to get a small RCT3 park off the ground, and as I had some free time as well, we got started. The only initial idea I think either of us had was that I wanted to try a Disneyland-style Jungle Cruise, so we kind of planned a jungle/african/adventure theme...possibly using the animals from Wild!

Sambo did the initial terraforming, then I added the Jungle Cruise ride and the surrounding structures. Since Sam was finishing up some things at work, I was able to go ahead and add the Arabian Fortress area. Sam's schedule then opened up and he took over, building the park's signature Indiana Jones ride, and constructing both the Maharajah Jungle Trek and the Lake Victoria & Western Railway after deciding that the animals from Wild!! weren't something that would work. Take a moment to note the care Sam took in terraforming the tiles between those two transport rides to hide one from the other! I then helped with some of the building of stations to blend with Sam's fantastic Indy ride, and as part of that I added a Himalayan-themed village. The park went back to Sambo who added the lighting effects, then he prepared and added the music and fine-tuned everything. A lot of work in less than two months!

What we ended up with is not in anyway a recreation of any Disney Adventureland, but rather something that I think borrows heavily from Disney's ideas and traditions. Where else can you stand in front of buildings from colonial Africa and as you slowly turn see elements from Arabia, South America, The Himalayas along with touches from India and even China? This is the essence of "adventure"...from a time when the world seemed larger and certainly more mysterious.

It has been a true pleasure to work on this project with Sambo, and I hope that pleasure in evident in our work. I'll now turn things over to Sambo who will be giving you a tour and telling you more about the park. I hope you'll enjoy Disney's Adventureland Fantasy...

#2 Sambo

Sambo

Former RCTspace Network Owner

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts
  • Interests:RCT, RCT2, RCT3, Disneyland...

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:22 AM

Thank you Wagi - It has been a pleasure working with one of the finest parkmakers around. I hope we have other opportunities to build together.

Greetings everyone, glad you made it here to the grand stairway at the entrance to Disney's Adventureland Fantasy. My name is Sambo, co-builder of this park, and I will be your tour guide for this introductory visit. We'd best be moving on down the stairs, as you know time moves very rapidly in the RCT3 universe and there is a lot of ground to cover in this small "land."

Posted Image

As you can tell by the exotic birds vocalizing, we are headed right for the signature attraction, the Jungle Cruise. A quick left turn at Miguel’s Cantina and down this lane we will find the entrance.

Posted Image

Step lively as we board our tour boat. The sounds in the queue are both authentic radio broadcasts from the 40's and updates of news and weather conditions. We wouldn't want to get caught out there in a typhoon.

Posted Image

Our cruise begins as we pass by one of the many ancient statues - this one, or what's left of it, is of unknown origin. Contained in the rich and lush foliage are birds and animals, many of which can only be heard as they are wary of the visitor's boats.

Posted Image

Of course no Jungle cruise would be complete without taking guests to see "the backside of water". In fact there are two places in the park where this can happen, one here on the Jungle Cruise, and the other in an attraction you wouldn't expect to see it.

Posted Image

Cautiously we maneuver some rocky rapids and interesting outcroppings, and after a couple of narrow passages the river widens to reveal some sort of structure.

Posted Image

We believe it to be a temple of some sort, although we don't know for sure. When we get close, the sound of drums begins and that is our signal to pass on by quietly. It's a good thing we are nearing the dock. Careful exiting - and move to the left outside the building.

Posted Image

Ahead, just past the souvenir shop, is the Lake Victoria & Western Railway station. Let's take a quick ride as there is a train just pulling in. This railroad has only two stops, here and at the station at the Temple Plaza.

Posted Image

This Temple Plaza Station is our direct link to the far side of the main Adventureland Causeway. This side of the park is outside the protection of the Arabian Fortress.

Posted Image

Fortunately, the area is civilized, and along with some refreshments and souvenirs, you have access to modern convenience of an ATM. If we all travel around the heritage Banyan tree, we can see the next feature attraction.

Posted Image

Here is the entrance to the temple portion of the Indiana Jones and the Temple Tomb attraction. No, we won't be going in quite yet. This attraction is fun to ride anytime, but the ambiance is much more fascinating after dark. We'll be back, and for now, we need to stroll over to this charming location for refreshments before hiking up the hill to the Himalayan Village.

Posted Image

#3 Sambo

Sambo

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:24 AM

Posted Image

There, after a brief pause that refreshes, let's say good-bye to the material world and take a more spiritual journey. Out in this area of the park, the steps get steep, and as we continue to climb the air gets a bit thinner.

Posted Image

Ahead we pass by our Lhasa Temple where we stop for a moment to catch our breath and listen to the chanting. We can of course spin a prayer wheel, or continue on down the hill into the village.

Posted Image

Through the ancient China Gate, some believe to be built as protection from Ghengis Kahn himself, we enter a quiet village.

Posted Image

Off to our right is theYeti Museum - you must spend some time there later in your stay. On farther is Yashi's Tongba Shop and more local vendors. You can purchase some fresh fruit and vegetables and take a quiet contemplative rest break.

Posted Image

Time to move onward to Maharaja Jungle Trek. This is the one chance to board an actual elephant for a trek through the jungle. We'd better hurry, as time is getting short.

Posted Image

The trek into the jungle reveals many interesting things, some alive, and some long not alive. Don't bother the alligators and they won't bother you. No self-respecting gator would dare to attack an elephant. The scenery is lush and beautiful and the view of the falls is spectacular. The trip is out and back through the jungle, so it's a good thing we have extra water. You did bring provisions didn't you?

Posted Image

The sun is starting to get low on the horizon, so it's off the elephants and through the gate. We just might make some time if we detour over to the train station.

Posted Image

Just in luck, here comes a train now. All aboard, and the train will take us to the other side of the park. But first it takes us through the jungle.

Posted Image

Off at the Jungle Cruise station, we move swiftly down the back street and around the big tent. Inside there will a special lion show in the arena. We should catch that tonight.

Posted Image

We move through the Arabian Fortress to it's main gate. Outside this gate is our next premier destination.

#4 Sambo

Sambo

• Senior Staff
  • 9451 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:45 AM

Posted Image

Indiana Jones and the Temple Tomb. If we ease over there now we will make it just about the time it becomes dark. We enter the queue just as the outside lights come on. We pass by the staging areas where there are already treasures being catalogued for removal to museums. Alright, here is the station - good luck!

Posted Image

Pretty hair-raising ride isn't it?

Posted Image

Don't worry, our tour is coming to an end. We will take one more trip through the Fortress gate. Sure is a different place after dark.

Posted Image

The tour is headed through the Arabian walkway toward our original destination. Once we get to the stairway we will conclude the evening festivities. Ahh, there they are just ahead. Now you have seen the main features of Disney's Adventureland Fantasy, you have the rest of the evening to yourselves. You can take in that lion show, I think it will be starting in just a few minutes. If all that adventure has made you hungry, I invite you to one of our many cafés or cantinas. Of course you are also free to return to your hotel for a restful nap. Don't forget to get your souvenirs. Good evening everyone, and thank you all. Oh - here comes a Jungle boat drifting back into the docks...

Posted Image

#5 coastercrazy

coastercrazy

2008 Valentines Contest RunnerUp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1688 posts
  • Interests:RCT, duhh.:-P

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

Wow!!!! Very amazing work you two. Lots of little details and great colors.

Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

/CC

#6 zordork1

zordork1

Park Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:http://rollercoastertime.com

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:43 PM

I love the way you have taken us on a tour of this amazing park, keep up the excellent work guys

#7 Todd Lee

Todd Lee

May 2007 V.P. Winner

• Senior Staff
  • 3448 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

You guys make RCT3 look good!

#8 Mama Bear

Mama Bear

November 03 & May 07 VP Winner

• Senior Staff
  • 3168 posts
  • Interests:RCT,ZT, pc-adventure games and quests, Warhammer, reading(especially fantasy), painting, music (from classical music up to heavy metal), art, nature

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:53 PM

^I agree! Great atmosphere. Makes you really want to visit this park.

Mama Bear

#9 wabigbear

wabigbear

August 2004/2005 VP Winner

• Senior Staff
  • 4987 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

Thanks everyone! We know that this park may tax some less powerful machines, so I'd love to hear who was able to explore the park easily and what video card you use.

#10 Leonardofury

Leonardofury

September 2006 RR RunnerUp

• Leonardofury
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

I'll try to take a look later but this looks very good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users