April05 VP/05+06 Rd Rally Champ/Winner Cell Contest 2006

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:55 AM

HOW DO I KEEP THE PEEPS FROM GETTING LOST

^ You hardly can, it can even happen if you only built 1-tile-wide paths

IN RCT2 THEY GET MORE LOST THEN RCT3 WHY IS THAT??

^ because the peeps in RCT2 are extremely stupid. :lol:

Still, it can be done, but it takes a lot of trial-and-error (I am very proud though that nearly all my parks are peepfriendly without peeps getting lost!!)

Some tips:
When many get stuck in one place, always click on their thoughts and read what they are looking for. If they just say "I am lost" it is no great help, but a lot of them will say: "I cannot find the exit", or "I cannot find Big Bear Coaster", or "I cannot find Drink Stall 3".

The "what they are looking for" will give you a clue to what has to be adjusted.

Always make sure that wherever they are, they can find back their way easily to the exit.
There's a good tutorial on pathing sysems on Fossil's dig site

If you still cannot solve the problem after reading that, make a direct underground-path to the exit from where the peeps are stuck (if they are looking for the exit, because this reason causes the most unhappy peeps and they will never ever give up looking for the exit once they want to find it....)

The other reasons - like looking to find a ride or a stall - are less persistent: they will give up after a certain time and look for other things. Still they can give a bunch of lost peeps, or peeps that are circling around for hours on a few tiles......

RCT2-peeps want to use the shortest way to where they want to go. If they have parkmaps, it seems they slihgtly know a bit more in which direction they have to go to find something, but they cannot actually "read the map", so this is no great help......

So, if a hundred yards to the left of your main path there is the entrance to a ride, they expect a route to the left to that entrance. If that path is not there and you force them to go straight ahead on the main path, and only at the end of the main path there is a bend to the entrance of the ride, it will go fine as long as there is nothing else on the left that can distract them.
It goes wrong however, if along the left side there are things they can enter, for instance a shop, or a toilet: they will try to enter that shop or toilet and expect that it leads to the entrance of the ride........If they only find the shop/toilet, they will keep trying and trying there to find the entrance to the expected ride....and get stuck or lost......

These are some of the main principles, altough there are innumerous other weird reasons why it can go wrong....

Good luck with the lovely but stupid RCT2 peeps :thumbs:

Emergo :D

#32 Catrider

Catrider

Park Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:14 AM

thanks

#33 drwattz

drwattz

Park Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

peeps take pitures of rides and pirate senery

#34 Emergo

Emergo

April05 VP/05+06 Rd Rally Champ/Winner Cell Contest 2006

• Senior Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

peeps take pitures of rides and pirate senery

Yes, peeps take pictures of rides.....lovely...just like people do in RL.

RCt peeps do also make pictures of scenery (like in RL, lol!), but only if this scenerey is set to be `photo-genic`..or whatever that is called...that can be statues and any other scenery, and even trees.... :lol:

Emergo :D

#35 Xhalo

Xhalo

Park Cleaner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, I like how they take pictures in RCT2, more realistic than the 1st one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users